The Minnesota Wild will begin its 16th season in Saint Paul starting in October to kick off the 2016-17 NHL season. With the Wild and NHL officially announcing its calendar, here are some key dates of the Minnesota Wild's 2016-17 regular season schedule:
- Thursday, October 13, at St. Louis Blues: The Wild's season-opener, its first game against its Central Division rival whom it played in the first round of the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs, and its first game against former head coach and new Blues associate coach Mike Yeo.
- Saturday, October 15, vs. Winnipeg Jets: The Wild's home-opener, ringing in the 16th season of hockey at Xcel Energy Center.
- Saturday, October 29, vs. Dallas Stars: The Wild's first game against the Stars in a rematch of its 2016 first round Stanley Cup Playoffs series. Also the Wild's 600th regular season game played at Xcel Energy Center.
- Saturday, November 5, at Colorado Avalanche: The Wild makes its first of two trips of the season to Pepsi Center, and plays its divisional rival Avalanche for the first time.
- Thursday, November 10, at Pittsburgh Penguins: The Wild takes on the defending Stanley Cup Champions.
- Friday, November 25, vs. Pittsburgh Penguins: The Wild hosts the Penguins in a Black Friday matinee, the day after Thanksgiving.
- Sunday, December 4, at Edmonton Oilers: The Wild finishes up a three-game Western Canada swing with its first game at Rogers Place, the new home of the Oilers.
- Saturday, December 11, vs. St. Louis Blues: Mike Yeo makes his first trip back to Xcel Energy Center to coach against his former team.
- Thursday, January 5, at San Jose Sharks: The Wild plays its first game of 2017, taking on the defending Western Conference champions.
- Sunday, January 8, at Anaheim Ducks: Head Coach Bruce Boudreau returns to Honda Center for the first time when the Wild finishes a three-game, West Coast road trip against the Ducks.
- Sunday, January 15, at Chicago Blackhawks: Minnesota and Chicago meet for the first time in the regular season, the first of a four-game season series that will take place over 56 days.
- Wednesday, February 8, vs. Chicago Blackhawks: The Wild begins an eight-game homestand, the longest in franchise history, which ends 19 days later, Monday, February 27, against the Los Angeles Kings.
- Wednesday, February 22 – Sunday, February 26: The Wild goes in its bye week, a new addition to the NHL schedule beginning in 2016-17.
- Sunday, March 26, at Detroit Red Wings: The Wild plays its final regular season game at Joe Louis Arena, before the building closes following the 2016-17 season.
- Tuesday, April 4, vs. Carolina Hurricanes: The Wild plays its final home game of the regular season.
- Saturday, April 8, at Arizona Coyotes: Minnesota concludes its regular season schedule.
To view the entire 2016-17 schedule, visit the schedule page.