Here are some notes on Dallas Stars prospects playing this season in juniors, college and the European leagues. The college season got into full swing this past weekend.
- Forward Scott Winkler (third round/2008) had one goal and one assist as Colorado College completed a two-game weekend sweep of Clarkson on Saturday.
- Forward Alex Guptill (third round/2010) picked up an assist and nine shots in two games as Michigan split a pair of games with Rochester Institute of Technology over the weekend.
- Forward Devin Shore (second round/2012) picked up his first collegiate point, registering an assist as Maine defeated Army 4-3.
- In North American juniors, right wing Matej Stransky has five points (one goal, four assists) over his last three games for the Saskatoon Blades of the WHL. Stransky, a sixth round pick in 2011, has three goals and five assists in eleven games this season. The Blades have won their last two games after dropping five straight.
- In Europe, defenseman Ludwig Bystrom scored his first Swedish Elite League goal as MODO defeated AIK 4-0 last week. Bystrom, a second round pick in 2012, has one goal in nine SEL games this season. He has two assists in four junior league games.
- Center Emil Molin scored his first goal in the SEL this season as Brynas defeated Rogle 4-3. It was the second career SEL goal for Molin, a fourth round pick in 2011. Molin has one goal and no assists in nine games in the Swedish Elite League this season. He has six points (four goals, two assists) in six junior games.
- Defenseman Jyrki Jokipakka logged a game high 28:41 of ice time and picked up an assist as Ilves lost to JYP in Finland’s top league last week. Jokipakka, a seventh round pick in 2011, is tied for the team lead in points with eight (two goals, six assists) and leads Ilves in average ice time at 26:04 per game.
- Goaltender Henri Kiviaho stopped 23 of 24 shots in his last start for KalPa in Finnish junior hockey. Kiviaho, a fifth round pick in 2012, is 5-4 this season with a 2.66 goals against average and .904 save percentage
Injury notes: Forward Branden Troock
(fifth round/2012) remains out for Seattle of the WHL due to illness. Forward Curtis McKenzie
(sixth round/2009) missed both of Miami University’s games this weekend due to what is believed to be an upper body injury. Defenseman Troy Vance
has missed the last two games for Victoriaville of the QMJHL due to illness.