Texas Stars (20-21-3, 43 PTS – 5th West Division)
1/27/12 at San Antonio (6-2 L) –
A three-goal first period was too much for the Stars to overcome against the Rampage. Tomas Vincour
scored a goal in his seventh straight road game in the second period, and Ryan Garbutt
added another goal later in the middle frame.
1/28/12 at Oklahoma City (3-1 L) – Francis Wathier
scored his ninth goal of the season in the third period, but it was the only shot the Stars snuck past Rampage goaltender David LeNeveu. Vincour had an assist to extend his point streak to five games. Andrew Raycroft made 42 saves on 44 San Antonio shots.
2/2/12 at Houston (3-1 L) –
Garbutt scored his second goal of the week, with Angelo Esposito picking up his second assist in three games on the goal. That goal gave Texas an early 1-0 lead, but Houston was able to put enough pressure on Raycroft and the Stars to score three unanswered goals. Raycroft made 32 saves in the loss.
FRASER STILL NEAR THE TOP
COMING UP FOR TEXASSaturday, February 4: vs. Charlotte (NHL affiliate: Carolina)
- Despite not scoring a goal this week, Matt Fraser still sits T-4th in the AHL with 21 goals on the season. He had a clutch showing in the AHL All-Star Game, scoring in the shootout to help the West past the East 8-7.
Tuesday, February 7: vs. Milwaukee (NHL affiliate: Nashville)
Wednesday, February 8: vs. Milwaukee
OTHER STARS PROSPECTS
Here we take a quick glance at a few of the Dallas Stars’ prospects and what they have done recently.
- Sault Ste. Marie goaltender Jack Campbell went 1-0-1 with a 1.92 goals-against-average (GAA) and a .942 save-percentage (SV%) in two games this past week.
- Boston University forward Alex Chiasson had his six-game point streak snapped against Maine, but is still averaging over a point per game with 24 points (9g, 15a) in 23 games.
- Michigan forward Alex Guptill has scored a goal in five straight games, and has registered a point in 10 of his last 11 games.
- Niagara (OHL) defenseman Jamie Oleksiak has four assists in his last five games, and has helped the Ice Dogs to a shut out of their opponents in three of the last four contests.
- Niagara (OHL) forward Brett Ritchie has four goals in his last four games, including the game-winning tally in a win over Brampton.
- Colgate forward Austin Smith has six points (4g, 2a) in his current four-game point streak, and still leads the nation in goals (26), goals-per-game (1.00), short-handed points (8) and short-handed goals (6).
- Miami (OH) forward Reilly Smith had 10 points (7g, 3a) in the month of January to earn CCHA Player of the Month. He had a hat trick in a 3-1 win over Western Michigan, and is T-3rd in the CCHA with 27 points (19g, 8a). His 19 goals lead the CCHA.
- Saskatoon (WHL) forward Matej Stransky has a three-game point streak, scoring three goals and assisting on two others during that stretch.
- Idaho (ECHL) forward Michael Neal had two assists in the third period of a come-from-behind win for the Steelheads this past week.