Texas Stars (21-25-4, 46 PTS – 5th West Division)
2/10/12 at Rochester (9-4 L) – Matt Fraser
scored his 23rd goal of the season, Dan Spang
had two assists, but a five-goal second period helped the Rochester Americans to the win over the Texas Stars.
2/12/12 at Hamilton (2-0 L) –
Texas outshot the Hamilton Bulldogs 39-27, but Hamilton goaltender Nathan Lawson stopped all the shots sent his way. Stars goaltender Tyler Beskorowany
made 25 saves, but two goals in the second period helped the Bulldogs to the victory.
2/15/12 at Lake Erie (L 4-3) –
Texas battled back to tie the game at 3-3 after surrendering a three-goal first period to the Lake Erie Monsters. In Texas’ three-goal second period, Francis Wathier
and Scott Glennie
had a goal and an assist, while Angelo Esposito
picked up an assist on goals scored by Wathier and Colton Sceviour
. Beskorowany made 40 saves on 44 Lake Erie shots.
COMING UP FOR TEXASFriday, February 17: vs. San Antonio (NHL affiliate: Florida)
Saturday, February 18: vs. San Antonio
Wednesday, February 22: at Oklahoma City (NHL affiliate: Edmonton)
OTHER STARS PROSPECTS
Here we take a quick glance at a few of the Dallas Stars’ prospects and what they have done recently.
- Boston University (NCAA) forward Alex Chiasson has a four-game point streak, and has totaled 17 points (6g, 11a) in his last 11 games overall. He had two assists in the overtime loss to Boston College in the Beanpot Title Game.
- Skellefteå AIK (Swedish Elite League) defenseman John Klingberg scored his first goal with SAIK this week.
- Miami (OH) University (NCAA) forward Curtis McKenzie has 15 points (5g, 10a) and a +8 rating this season, while also leading the RedHawks in penalty minutes (PIM) with 54.
- Niagara (OHL) defenseman Jamie Oleksiak has six points (2g, 4a) in his last four games. He has 11 points (2g, 9a) and is a +16 skater since being traded from Saginaw.
- Niagara (OHL) forward Brett Ritchie scored the game-winning goal (GWG) against the Oshawa Generals earlier this week, which was his fourth game-winning tally of the season. All of the GWG’s have been scored since being traded from Sarnia.
- University of Minnesota (NCAA) forward Nico Sacchetti scored a goal in the Golden Gophers’ 4-3 loss to Denver University, which tied the game late. He was also a +2 skater, and has earned solid playing time over the last three weeks.
- Colgate (NCAA) forward Austin Smith is on a three-game goal scoring streak, picking up six goals during that span. He has been held scoreless in just three out of 30 games so far this season. Smith is a strong candidate to win the Hobey Baker award, which is the award given to the top collegiate hockey player that exhibits character on and off the ice, and displays integrity and overall skill in the game.
- Miami (OH) University (NCAA) forward Reilly Smith had a goal and an assist in last weekend’s sweep of the University of Alabama-Huntsville. Smith leads the CCHA in goals (21), and is tied for third in the conference with 30 points.
- Medicine Hat (WHL) defenseman Alex Theriau had his three-game point streak snapped on Wednesday. He had four points (2g, 2a) during that span, including his first two goals of the season, which were scored in back-to-back games.
- Victoriaville (QMJHL) defenseman Troy Vance has one assist in three games since returning from a hip injury. He has also skated to a +3 rating since being re-inserted into the lineup.
- Ontario (ECHL) forward Tristan King scored a goal and an assist in three games this past week, and has 27 points (14g, 13a) in 27 games this season.