Texas Stars (20-18-3, 43 PTS – 5th West Division, 11th Western Conference)
1/18/12 at Chicago (4-3 W) – Brad Lukowich
had a goal and an assist, including a helper on the game-winning goal by Maxime Fortunus
. That goal was the second power-play goal scored in the game with the Stars converting on both man-advantages. Andrew Raycroft
stopped 25 of 28 shots for the win.
1/20/12 vs. Peoria (6-2 W) –
Raycroft picked up his second consecutive win after making 21 saves on 23 shots. Fortunus scored his second goal in as many games, Matt Fraser
racked up four assists, and Travis Morin
tallied his 200th assist in his pro career. Texas scored two more goals on the power play, with Stephen Schultz
1/21/12 vs. Houston (4-3 W) –
The Stars picked up a third straight win for the second time this season with a shootout win over the Aeros. Houston raced out to a 2-0 lead, but Texas bounced back and tallied two more power-play goals. Sceviour’s goal midway through the third period helped force the game to overtime before picking up a shootout goal as well. Raycroft stopped 22 shots, including three more in the shootout to win his third straight game.
MORIN-TO THE HELPING GAME
BENN-D IT LIKE JORDIE
- Travis Morin, who leads the team with 38 points in 41 games, has five assists in the last three games to help propel him to fourth in the league in assists (33).
RAYCROFT FINDING HIS GROOVE
- Jordie Benn has picked up four points in the current three-game winning streak (1g, 3a).
COMING UP FOR TEXASFriday, January 27: at San Antonio (NHL affiliate: Florida)
- Andrew Raycroft is 6-2-1 with a 2.41 goals-against-average (GAA) since being assigned to Texas. Even in losses, Raycroft has played well, sporting a .922 save-percentage (SV%) and a 2.31 GAA.
Saturday, January 28: at Oklahoma City (NHL affiliate: Edmonton)
Tuesday, February 2: at Houston (NHL affiliate: Minnesota)
OTHER STARS PROSPECTS
Here we take a quick glance at a few of the Dallas Stars’ prospects and what they have done recently.
- Boston Terriers (NCAA) forward Alex Chiasson has nine points (3g, 6a) during his current five-game point streak. BU has won all five games.
- Michigan Wolverines forward Alex Guptill is on a six-game point streak (5g, 5a), including goals in each of the last five games.
- Niagara Ice Dogs (OHL) defenseman Jamie Oleksiak has four assists in the last two games, including a three-assist effort in a 9-0 win over Peterborough.
- Niagara Ice Dogs forward Brett Ritchie has registered six points in the last five games (3g, 3a).
- Minnesota Gophers forward Nico Sachetti scored his first goal of the season, which turned out to be the game-winner in a 2-1 win over Colorado College on Jan. 21.
- Colgate Raiders forward Austin Smith had his 12-game point streak snapped last week, but the senior still leads the nation in goals (24), short-handed goals (5), points (38), and points-per-game (1.58).
- Miami Redhawks forward Reilly Smith was named CCHA Player of the Week after scoring four goals, including a hat trick, in a weekend series against Western Michigan. The junior has eight points (6g, 2a) during his current five-game point streak.