Here we go. Forty-eight games in 99 days.
The quest? To finish among the top 8 in the 15 team Western Conference – something that hasn’t happened since Morrow and Turco and Tippett led the Stars all the way to the W. Conference Final in 2008
So just how do the 2013 Dallas Stars return to the “Second Season”? Here’s how:
1)Maintain and build upon the things and areas that they were good at last season.
2) Get the desired offensive impact from newcomers Jagr, Whitney, and Roy
3) A healthy, heroic Kari Lehtonen in net
4) A PP resurrection
5) The defense corp hold tight and overachieve a little
6) A reduction in the volume and duncicle nature of penalties taken.
7) More assertive, confident guidance from 2nd year head coach, Glen Gulutzan
8) Solid production from Stars youth.
9) A return of true “Home Ice Advantage”