Stars play-by-play announcer Dave Strader is set to return to the broadcast booth during the Stars upcoming homestand as he continues his fight against cholangiocarcinoma, a fairly rare and aggressive form of cancer. His treatment schedule afforded him the opportunity to travel to Dallas and return to the booth for the five-game homestand. Daryl "Razor" Reaugh will accompany him as the color analyst, while Craig Ludwig will join Josh Bogorad and Brent Severyn on the pregame show, intermissions and postgame show during that time.
Following the homestand, he will return to upstate New York to continue his treatment. Below are a list of games that Strader and Razor will work:
- Dallas vs. Tampa Bay | Saturday, Feb. 18
- Dallas vs. Arizona | Friday, Feb. 24
- Dallas vs. Boston | Sunday, Feb. 26
- Dallas vs. Pittsburgh | Tuesday, Feb. 28
- Dallas vs. New York Islanders | Thursday, March 2