Here are this week’s top answers from fans nominating the Sharks toughest opponents this year and laying out a strategy to defeat them. All responses were sent to the Sharks official Twitter account @SanJoseSharks and the top 10 responses are counted down below.
(Wrong Sport) From @MadSports8: the Packers. The Sharks will have a rough time stopping Aaron Rodgers and that vaunted passing attack
10. From @jeffmadams: To win the west, the three headed monster the Sharks need to overcome is simple: Vancouver, Detroit & Chicago.
9. From @hondaftw: NO ONE cuz they got nothing on the sharks!!
8. From @HelloHockey: Soviets, We'll have to skate with them, play with them and shut them down! Because we can!
7. From @SeanProctor: Red Wings and Pens...
6. From @Noctro: Vancouver, and preferably with a right hook.
5. From @mattskiam: The Canucks, by scoring on the PP. 'c'mon guys, get your PP going. Your still my favorite team, fun watching u! 4. From @mjacksteit: Vancouver- its all mental! 3. From @dancingsousa: Sharks biggest competition is the Sharks. If we don't beat ourselves, we can beat anyone in the Conference.
2. From @ibleedteal26: Vancouver Canucks. They have to beat them as well as the stanchions.
1. From @AnarchyEOD: biggest opponent is themselves. No matter what they need to approach each and every game as if it were the last