To celebrate Sharks history, each week we will highlight moments of the past. So check back to the Daily Chomp each week to celebrate with us for Throwback Thursday. In addition, we will be giving away special Sharks throwback items every Thursday.
This week the Daily Chomp takes a look at the Sharks 1994-95 season.
Did you know... the Sharks qualified for the playoffs and advanced to the Western Conference Semifinals for the second consecutive season.More from that year:
- NHL season postponed from October 1994-January 1995 due to labor strike.
- San Jose opened the shortened season by winning five of their first six games.
- Ulf Dahlen was the leading scorer with 34 points in 46 games.
- Goaltender Arturs Irbe picked up 14 wins in net.
- Acquired RW Kevin Miller and C Craig Janney. Janney had 20 points in 27 games in teal as the Sharks second leading scorer.
Also, be sure to check out the Sharks History Page
and the Photo of the Day
. 1994 Pop Culture:
- Street Sharks made its TV debut.
- Forrest Gump won the award for Best Film at the Oscars with the famous quote"My momma always said that life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."
- Seinfeld was the most popular show on television.
- A dozen eggs cost 89 cents.
Sharks Throwback Giveaway
Fill out the form below for a chance to win a unique Sharks Throwback prize. Increase your chances of winning and tweet using #SharksThrowback or text "Throwback" to 74499.
This giveaway has ended and is closed for any further submissions.