SAN JOSE, CA - The San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks) announced today that SAP Center at San Jose (@SAPCenter) will re-open to a limited number of fans beginning Mon., April 26 when the Sharks host the Arizona Coyotes. It will mark the first time since March 8, 2020 that SAP Center has hosted an event with members of the general public in attendance.
Additionally, the team will host family members of the players and organizational staff for the April 24 game vs. Minnesota to ensure a coordinated and enjoyable return for all fans.
"On behalf of the entire Sharks organization, I am elated to welcome fans back to SAP Center at San Jose," said Jonathan Becher (@JBecher), President of Sharks Sports & Entertainment. "The health and safety of all event attendees continues to be our top priority. SAP Center recently achieved the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR Accreditation™, the gold-standard designation awarded to select venues that have established procedures to prepare, respond, and recover from outbreaks and pandemics. We appreciate the patience of our fans over the past year and we're thankful for your trust to provide you with a safe and enjoyable experience." For the health and safety of everyone in attendance and in accordance with California State Guidelines, fans will notice several notable changes to their experience at SAP Center for the Sharks remaining 2020-21 games.
Those changes include:
PROOF OF VACCINATION/NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST
Everyone aged 24 months and older entering SAP Center is required to provide proof of a negative COVID test OR proof of receiving a complete COVID-19 vaccination, with the final dose received at least two weeks prior to the day of the game.
The Sharks have partnered with Total Testing Solutions to provide a convenient way for ticketed fans to receive a complimentary COVID-19 test, 48-72 hours prior to the game they plan to attend. Fans MUST pre-register for testing and book an appointment, which are available beginning on April 19. For more information on Total Testing Solutions and how to register, please click here.
- Complimentary PCR COVID-19 testing will be available between 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. at SAP Center on non-Sharks home game days. Fans must schedule an appointment with Total Testing Solutions and the test will be valid for entry for up to 72 hours prior to the game date they are attending.
- Fans may also receive a rapid antigen COVID-19 test at SAP Center on the day of the game, without an appointment, for a fee of $50 per test.
- Fans who have received a negative PCR COVID-19 test result from another care provider, issued less than 72 hours prior to game time, may bring those records with them to SAP Center in lieu of other testing options.
- Fans who have been vaccinated must present valid documentation which shows the attendee's name, type of vaccine, and the date of the last dose administered. An authorized vaccination card or documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider will be accepted.
FACIAL COVERING REQUIREMENTS:
- Everyone aged 24 months and older is required to wear a facial covering while at SAP Center except when actively eating or drinking in an area that has been designated for dining. Face coverings are also required in parking lots and security screening areas.
- Neck gaiters, facial covering with exhalation valves, and/or bandanas do not meet the facial covering requirements for entry into SAP Center.
- Face shields may not be worn in place of a face mask, though they may be worn in addition to a face mask.
SAP CENTER NO BAG POLICY:
- Bags, clear bags, purses & clutches of any size or type will not be permitted. Exceptions to this policy include bags carrying medical necessities or diaper bags accompanied by a child in diapers. These exceptions will be screened by an X-Ray Machine at the North Entrance adjacent to parking lots ABC. This bag policy will be reassessed following the conclusion of the season.
- Guests who arrive with bags and are unable to secure them may take advantage of a self-operating locker system conveniently located outside the North Entrance of SAP Center.
ADVANCE PURCHASE DIGITAL TICKETING:
- Tickets for Sharks regular season home games, beginning with the April 26 game, will go on-sale to Sharks365 members, Zoom Suiteholders and Corporate Partners on April 19. Ticket availability will vary by game.
- All tickets must be purchased in advance as there will be no day-of-game ticket sales. Tickets purchased through SAP Center and/or the San Jose Sharks will only be accessible through the Sharks + SAP Center app or Ticketmaster app and/or mobile web. Physical tickets to Sharks games are no longer being issued.
- Only the designated purchaser may use their tickets. Ticket forwarding will not be available for these games.
- Tickets will be sold in pods of 2 or 4 seats, with 6 feet of physical distance between each pod. Per State guidance, fans who are seated together should be members of the same household.
FOOD & BEVERAGE AT SAP CENTER:
- Current California State Guidelines do not permit food and beverage consumption in the seating bowl or in the Zoom suites at SAP Center. Designated eating and drinking areas for all guests, configured to ensure a minimum of six feet of distance between tables, will be established in SAP Center's North Club and Upper Mezzanine sections located near Sections 107 and 109.
- All guests wishing to purchase food and beverage as part of their gameday experience must do so through the Sharks + SAP Center mobile app. All orders will be available for Express Pick-Up at the designated locations.
- Outside food and beverage items are not permitted inside SAP Center unless medically required. Items brought in for medical reasons must be consumed in the areas designated for eating and drinking.
- To limit the number of touchpoints between guests and team members, all purchases have become a cashless experience.
- Major credit and debit cards, along with mobile payments, will be accepted throughout SAP Center.
- Reverse ATMs which allow guests to convert cash into a debit card will be available throughout the venue.
- A limited number of merchandise locations will be open.
- All guests are encouraged to pre-purchase parking pass(es) via ticketmaster.com prior to arrival at SAP Center.
- Guests who choose not to pre-purchase parking passes may be able to purchase a pass upon arrival based on availability.
- All parking transactions are mobile payment, credit card & debit card only.
- Smoking will not be permitted in any area of SAP Center, including the exterior landings.
For more information about the reopening of SAP Center for fans, check out the Fan Safety Guidelines at sjsharks.com/fansafety.