Sharks Foundation Autograph Sessions
Sharks Foundation Autograph Session #1
Friday, October 6 from 7-9 p.m. (doors open at 6:30 p.m.)
Logitech Ice at San Jose (1500 S. 10th Street)
Tickets are $100 and net proceeds benefit The Sharks Foundation
Each person in attendance must have a ticket for entry. This event is open to those 2 years of age and up (children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult age 18+). Each ticket allows for two autographs from each player and only one ticket per person will be honored (fans cannot purchase two tickets to receive 4 autographs per player, etc.). Fans are encouraged to bring their own items to be signed, though each player will also have photo cards available as well.
As a bonus to Sharks fans attending the autograph session on Oct. 6, and as part of the opening week festivities, the San Jose Sharks have teamed up with the Hockey Hall of Fame and the University of Denver to bring in the Hart Memorial trophy, the Art Ross Trophy, the Maurice Rocket Richard trophy and the Hobey Baker Memorial award to San Jose and all trophies will be on display at the autograph session.
Please see related story in Rink Report about the entire itinerary for the trophies.
Tickets go on sale September 19 at 10 a.m. on Ticketmaster.com
(keyword: Sharks Foundation). Tickets can also be purchased at all Ticketmaster outlets and the HP Pavilion at San Jose Ticket Office.
Players currently scheduled to appear include:
Rob Davison #5
Josh Gorges #6
Curtis Brown #37
Kyle McLaren #4
Scott Hannan #22
Jim Fahey #21
Matt Carle #18
Evgeni Nabokov #20
Mark Bell #7
Players and dates subject to change. The list of players scheduled to attend will be updated periodically.
Tips for a successful Autograph Session:
Each player will have a postcard-size photo card to autograph, however fans are encouraged to bring their own items for signing as well. Please remember that players and Sharks personnel can refuse to have any item signed at their discretion. In order to ensure signatures in a timely manner and help you manage your items, The Sharks Foundation recommends the following:
- Players scheduled to attend can change at any time so please check the lineup on this page the day of the event.
- If you have an item to be signed by a specific player not scheduled to attend, considering bringing it anyway to accommodate last minute changes.
- To keep track of items such as posters, cards, photographs, etc. consider organizing them in binders, folders or envelopes clearly labeled with the player’s name.
- Jerseys, shirts, sweatshirts and other such items are best signed when a sturdy material is placed inside, such as cardboard.
- For signatures in The Sharks Yearbook or an edition of Sharks Magazine, use labeled post-its or tags to easily locate specific pages and players.
- Pucks are often signed in silver permanent pen, which can fade or scrape off after signing. To minimize this, lay pucks in a tray or box signature-side up or have display cases on hand for immediate protection.
For more information on this and other Sharks Foundation events, please contact Laura Johnston, Sharks Foundation Manager, at email@example.com