SAN JOSE - The National Hockey League and the San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks) today announced the team's complete 2014-15 regular season schedule, as well as several exciting events that will take place leading up to and throughout the course of the season.
San Jose will open its 24th NHL season on the road against the Los Angeles Kings on Wednesday, Oct. 8 at Staples Center, with the Sharks home opener taking place on Saturday, Oct. 11 when the Winnipeg Jets visit SAP Center (@SAPCenter) at San Jose. In total, the Sharks home schedule features 17 weekend contests (16 on Saturday, one on Sunday), which includes three 1:00 p.m. and one 5:00 p.m. start times. The busiest home weeknight is Thursday (10), followed by Monday (six), Wednesday (four), Tuesday (three) and Friday (one).
The Sharks will play a total of 30 games within the Pacific division, facing divisional opponents Anaheim, Arizona, Calgary, Edmonton, Los Angeles and Vancouver a total of five times each. The Sharks will play a total of 20 games against the Western Conference's Central Division, facing Colorado twice and Chicago, Dallas, Minnesota, Nashville, St. Louis and Winnipeg a total of three times each. San Jose's remaining 32 games will involve the Sharks playing every opponent in the Eastern Conference a total of two times, once at home and once on the road, meaning every NHL team will visit SAP Center at San Jose this season.
Information on Sharks individual game tickets and a complete broadcast schedule will be released at a later date. You can secure tickets now to every Sharks game at SAP Center by placing a deposit on full season tickets or a 10-game SharkPak. Full Season Ticket deposit holders will have the exclusive opportunity to personally select their seats at Select-A-Seat on Thursday, July 17. For more information, click here or call 408-999-5757.
In addition to 41 games of Sharks hockey at SAP Center, the Sharks will host a variety of fan-friendly events designed to help Sharks fans capture the excitement of the 2014-15 season, including:
- The inaugural Sharks Draft Party presented by Coors Light on June 27 at Stanley's Sports Bar at Sharks Ice. The event will be hosted by Sharks radio broadcaster Dan Rusanowsky and will feature appearances from former NHL draftees Jamie Baker,Kyle McLaren and Mike Rathje (click here for details)
- The second annual Sharks Prospect Summer Scrimmage presented by PlayStation® on July 9 at SAP Center. The scrimmage event will feature many of the Sharks top prospects, including the 2013-2014 Sharks Co-Rookies of the Year Tomas Hertl and Matt Nieto (click here for details)
- Select-A-Seat for Sharks Season Ticket holders on July 17
- State of the Sharks meeting, featuring guest speakers from the organization (details TBA)
- Inaugural Sharks Fan Fest, featuring a variety of activities and attractions (details TBA)
- Several Special Events with promotional giveaways at select home games throughout the course of the regular season (details TBA)
Though not highlighted on the schedule, the Sharks remain in the running to host an outdoor game during the 2014-15 regular season. If selected to host an outdoor game, details will be announced at a later date.
For an online version of the 2014-15 Sharks schedule, please click here. For a printable PDF version, as well as a variety of supplementary schedule notes, please click here.