SAN JOSE, CA - SAP Center at San Jose (@SAPCenter), the premier sports and entertainment venue in Northern California, has teamed-up with Life is Washable, Inc. to offer Friendly Access Sensory Safety Kits at all venue events including all San Jose Sharks (@sanjosesharks) home games. The kits are intended for fans of all ages with sensory needs (i.e. Autism, Neurological Impairment, PTSD, Dementia, or other sensory sensitivities) and are available at no charge at the Guest Services desks located on the SAP Center concourse near the North and South Entrances.
The kits include an assortment of useful tools to help individuals enjoy an event with greater comfort. These items include:
- A small drawstring bag
- A pair of noise reducing earmuffs and ear plugs
- A pair of antiglare glasses
- A small sensory "fidget" toy
- A small coloring book with crayons
- A communication card
- Sanitizing wipes and tissues
- Identification wristband (the wristband may note the family's location and contact number in case of confusion or separation.)
- Venue Map (the venue map describes locations of quiet accessible areas, family restrooms, elevators, and emergency plans and exits)
- Event Schedule (as available)
Once the event has ended, patrons are asked to return the kit to the guest services desk where it will be sanitized and restocked for future use.
Life is Washable, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that works with sports and entertainment venues throughout the country including the Capitol One Arena in Washington D.C. and the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles.