With the 210th pick of the NHL Draft, the Sharks select winger Joachim Blichfeld.
- Though only 17 years old, this season Blichfeld played for the Malmo Redhawks J20 team in Sweden's SuperElit League as one of the youngest players on the team.
- Blichfeld scored 15 goals and 13 points in 45 games for the J20 Redhawks, good for third on the team.
- After the Malmo Redhawks J20 was eliminated from the playoffs, Blichfeld joined the J18 team to help them out in their own run. Facing Djurgarden, the Redhawks went down 3-0 in the first half of the game, but Blichfeld scored all four goals to propel the Redhawks to victory.
- Blichfeld plays in Sweden's hockey league, but hails from Frederikshavn, Denmark. There have been 11 players in the NHL from Denmark so far.
- Joachim has represented Denmark in the U18 World Jr. Championships, where he scored 12 goals and 3 assists in 14 games.