On July 1, the San Jose Sharks signed free agent David Schlemko to a four year contract. Here are five quick facts about the Sharks' newest defenseman.
1. Schlemko is part of a small group of NHL players that went undrafted, then worked his way up through the CHL (now merged with the ECHL) and AHL before making it as an NHL regular.
2. For the stathead crowd: Schlemko had a Relative Corsi-For Percentage of 3.7 in the 2015-16 season, which would have led the Sharks.
3. He's known as a quick, puck-moving defenseman that can contribute on the power play and chip in on the penalty kill. He had a career season in 2015-16 with 6 goals and 13 assists in 67 games, which was second among New Jersey defensemen.
4. Back-to-back: in 2006-07, Schlemko won the WHL's Ed Chynoweth Cup with the Medicine Hat Tigers. In 2007-08, he won the President's Cup with the Arizona Sundogs.
5. Watch out, Joonas Donskoi: Schlemko once pulled this absolutely filthy shootout move to win the game.