SAN JOSE, CA - The National Hockey League and San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks) today unveiled the logo for the 2019 NHL® All-Star Game as the Sharks and the city of San Jose get ready to host the NHL's top talent Jan. 25-26, 2019 at SAP Center at San Jose (@SAPCenter).
Adorning the MVP vehicle will be the 2019 Honda NHL® All-Star logo. Designed by NHL Creative Services, the 2019 Honda NHL All-Star logo drew inspiration from San Jose, a city at the heart of Silicon Valley and home of the Sharks. The logo celebrates the omnipresent "tech" that is at the core of the city's vibrant and progressive community. Visuals are included that evoke San Jose's tech ethos, including clean lines, bright transparent color hues and straightforward geometric san serif typography.
Special features of the 2019 Honda NHL® All-Star logo include:
- A square holding shape, like the square shape of mobile app icons
- Modern stylized typography featuring two customized letter A's, with shark fins replacing the horizontal bar in a nod to the host club.
- The year, "2019," is encased in a pill shaped alert box, universal to apps and email alerts found in most digital platforms and designed to be disruptive and eye catching.
- Below the words "All-Star" is a colorful and unique tech energy wave that features a shooting tech puck, inspired by today's cloud-based, virtual tech world.
- Honda's position at the bottom is designed to anchor the identity of the event as title sponsor.
The Sharks and the city of San Jose will host the 2019 NHL All-Star Weekend, Jan. 25-26, 2019, which will include the NHL All-Star Skills Competition™ on Friday, Jan. 25 at 6 p.m. PT / 9 p.m. ET (NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS) and the Honda NHL® All-Star Game on Saturday, Jan. 26 at 5 p.m. PT / 8 p.m. ET (NBC, CBC, SN, TVAS). The 2019 Honda NHL® All-Star Game will be the second time NHL All-Star activities will take place in San Jose. The Sharks previously hosted the NHL® All-Star Game in 1997.