In the previous update, we highlighted Ivan Chekhovich's accolades, including a five-game assist streak, and two NCAA prospects in Thomas Bordeleau and Scott Reedy lighting the lamp early in the season. Let's take a dive into this week's update of our Next Wave report:
What can we say. Jake McGrew has certainly been through some tough times in the last several years, having had three operations on his knee. But it hasn't stopped him from showcasing his talent and playing the sport he loves. In his first game since Oct. 6, 2019 with the Spokane Chiefs of the Western Hockey League, Jake McGrew debuted in his first professional game on Dec. 12 and scored twice for the Allen Americans. His first goal of the game came 2:24 into the first period. Technically speaking, in his last seven games of hockey, he's scored seven goals and three assists for 10 points.
Definitely keep an eye on Jonathan Dahlen in the Allsvenskan, as he is on a torrent streak, averaging 2.19 points-per-game this year. Now with 35 points in just 16 games, the Timra captain is leading the way in the Allsvenskan by six points after scoring a hat trick plus one assist on Dec. 3, and then earning three straight multi-assist games from Dec. 9-12; two three-assist contests and a four-point game (two goals, two assists).
Linus Oberg, a 2020 seventh-round selection, registered a four-point game, a personal single-game best, on Dec. 13 en route to a 5-2 win. He's surpassed his goal and point total as of last season and also has a hat trick under his belt to go with 11 points in 21 contests.
- Three players have officially been named to their respective country's World Junior roster, including Santeri Hatakka (FIN), Yegor Spiridonov (RUS) and Artemi Kniazev (RUS). Adam Raska (CZE) is currently on the Czech's roster but final cuts have yet to be made.
- Mike Robinson has allowed three goals in his first two starts for the University of New Hampshire, good for a 1.45 goals-against average and .940 save percentage.
- Josef Korenar is tied for eighth in GAA and wins among Extraliga goaltenders this season. He recorded his first shutout of the season on Dec. 15 and in his last six games, he has allowed two goals or fewer four times.
- Timofei Spitserov has 26 points (16 goals, 10 assists) in 12 games for Culver-Academy. He is a 2020 seventh round selection for the Sharks.
- Scott Reedy leads the NCAA in goals (six, tied) and game-winning goals (four) and has collected points in six of his eight games for Minnesota this season.
- Ivan Chekhovich is up to 17 points in 20 games played after scoring his seventh of the season and currently ranks fourth on Torpedo in points.
For the full Sharks player report, click here.