OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators Foundation (@sensfoundation) announced today the appointment of Goldy Hyder, president and CEO, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada, to succeed Graham Macmillan, president of Macmillan Capital, as the Foundation's new Chair for a three year term. The decision was reached yesterday by the Foundation's board of directors at the 18th annual general meeting. Macmillan will remain on the board for one year in the role of Past-Chairman.
"I want to acknowledge Graham Macmillan for his exceptional leadership as Chair of the Ottawa Senators Foundation board of directors these past four years. His vision enabled the Foundation to position itself as an organization committed to empowering children and youth to reach their full potential by investing in social recreation and education programs that promote both physical and mental wellness," said Hyder. "As Chair, I'm looking forward to working with our dedicated board and staff to create and share the positive impact the Foundation has in our community. I want people to know without a doubt that the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club in partnership with its Foundation, players and Alumni, are truly committed to being Game Changers for Youth."
Two new members were elected to the board, Marsha Akkerhuis, wife of Senators head coach, Guy Boucher, and Janice McDonald, president, The Beacon Agency. The following five members of the board had their terms renewed:
- Barbara Crook, founder, Danbe Foundation
- Pierre Dorion, general manager, Ottawa Senators Hockey Club
- Claude Hamelin, general manager, Destination Gatineau
- Cliff Hammell, associate dealer/owner operator, Canadian Tire
- Caitlin Neil, wife of Senators player Chris Neil
"As the hockey club heads into its 25th anniversary celebrations, having a committed, diverse, and engaged group of leaders from within the community helping the Foundation to grow and evolve is vitally important," said Danielle Robinson, president and CEO, Ottawa Senators Foundation. "The staff team is passionately committed to the work of the Foundation and to have strong governance and leadership support at the board level just makes us all better."
The board of director's membership for the 2016-17 fiscal year also includes:
- Mirko Bibic, chief legal & regulatory officer and executive vice president, corporate development, Bell
- Frank Bilodeau, vice president, Ottawa and West Quebec, Scotiabank
- Ken Charbonneau, partner, KPMG LLP
- Kevin Cinq-Mars, president, R.W. Tomlinson Limited
- Trie Donovan, wife of Senators alumni Shean Donovan
- Greg Farrell, retired corporate executive
- Cyril Leeder, president, Ottawa Senators Hockey Club
- Ian Mendes, co-host, TSN 1200, Bell Media
- Ken Villazor, advisor to owner, chairman and chief executive officer, Senators Sports and Entertainment
- Vern White, Senator, Senate of Canada
- end -