OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators announced today the rosters of Team Red (captained by Mark Borowiecki) and Team White (captained by Jean-Gabriel Pageau) for this year's Sens Skills competition, presented by Sport Chek, which will take place at Canadian Tire Centre on Sunday, Jan. 5 at Noon. The event, which features associate sponsors Canadian Tire, Sher-Wood, TSN 1200 and Rogers Television, will see doors open at 11 a.m. Parking will be available free of charge.
This year's rosters are as follows (subject to change without notice):
Team White: Jean-Gabriel Pageau (captain), Artem Anisimov, Connor Brown, Marcus Hogberg, Christian Jaros, Nick Paul, Mike Reilly, Scott Sabourin, Chris Tierney and Brady Tkachuk.
Team Red: Mark Borowiecki (captain), Craig Anderson, Rudolfs Balcers, Mikkel Boedker, Thomas Chabot, Anthony Duclair, Andreas Englund, Tyler Ennis, Cody Goloubef, Vladislav Namestnikov and Colin White.
Sens Skills will see players demonstrate their hockey skills in the following categories:
- Sport Chek puck control relay - observe players illustrating versatility in stickhandling.
- Canadian Tire fastest skater - see players showcasing their speed on skates.
- Sher-Wood hardest shot - witness the power of an NHL slapshot.
- Majic 100 accuracy shooting - find out who shoots with the most precision.
- TSN 1200 skills challenge - a team event featuring stickhandling, one-timers, passing and a 3-on-1.
- Sport Chek 3-on-3 challenge - watch the scoring chances unfold as the play goes up and down the ice. Each goal scored is worth two on the scoreboard.
Participating alongside the Senators will be minor hockey players from the National Capital Region.
All tickets for Sens Skills presented by Sport Chek are $20 or less and are now available for purchase. Families of four or more can purchase a Family Four pack for $10 per ticket in select sections. For group ticket information (groups of nine or more), please call 613-599-0210 or e-mail email@example.com. All prices include taxes, CRF and convenience fees. A handling charge will apply.
On behalf of Sport Chek, the Senators will donate proceeds from this year's event to the Ottawa Senators Foundation and the NHLPA Goals and Dreams Fund.
Tickets to this year's Sens Skills can be purchased by visiting ticketmaster.ca, canadiantirecentre.com or the Canadian Tire Centre box office.
Over the past ten years, over 150,000 fans have attended Sens Skills presented by Sport Chek with the Senators and the NHLPA donating more than $750,000 to local charities on behalf of their partners.
Visit the Senators website: www.ottawasenators.com
Engage with the Senators on Twitter: @Senators
Like the Senators on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ottawasenators
Follow the Senators on Instagram: senators
- end -