OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators (@Senators) and IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced they have agreed to a long-term partnership that will see the organization apply behavior-based, predictive analytics technologies from worldwide technology leader IBM to gain a deeper understanding of their fan base as individual consumers. As part of this partnership, IBM becomes the Ottawa Senators official analytics and technology services provider.
The two plan to work with data from fan touch-points to allow the entire Senators Sports & Entertainment organization, including the marketing and ticketing teams, to personalize communications, enhance and individualize the fan experience and consequently, drive ticket sales.
These analytic insights will allow the Senators to individualize the fan experience to help provide information, updates and amenities personalized to individuals’ consumer patterns – to enhance the fan experience each game and offer easier access to their own unique tastes.
The Senators will work with IBM’s Ottawa-based group on IBM Fan Insight, a breakthrough customer intelligence solution that gives business professionals in marketing, sales, operations and finance fast access to actionable insights. Senators Sports & Entertainment will use IBM Fan Insight beginning in the 2015-16 National Hockey League season once it becomes generally available in November, with a focus on five key areas:
- Fan Insight and Clustering: To help identify and make sense of fan attitudes, behavior trends and psychographic characteristics to identify individual fan preferences and offer more personalized interactions.
- Fan Experience Effectiveness: To provide visual analysis of fan interactions and uncover opportunities for greater brand and fan interactions.
- Lead Scoring: To drive more effective target offers for renewals, upsells and incentives for new customers to maximize revenue.
- KPI Dashboard: To track the success and ROI on key initiatives and campaigns, review and audit all fan metrics, and enable business user discovery and analysis.
- Data Warehouse Strategies: Aggregate all the Senators Sports & Entertainment data source opportunities into a cloud-based warehouse. This includes support with governance, data capture opportunities and existing sources.
“We have an incredibly dedicated fan base that supports our team and players at every turn. We want to make sure we don’t just thank them for their support, but ensure their experience is second to none,” said Peter O’Leary, chief marketing officer and vice-president of ticketing with the Ottawa Senators. “Working with IBM, we’ll not only have the chance to collaborate with a tremendous local partner and sponsor, but this agreement will enable us to gather new insights on our fans that will allow us to be more efficient in our operations and provide a more personal and enhanced experience for all of our guests. Aligning with IBM as the Senators official analytics and technology services provider was a strategic partnership providing IBM and our team with long term solutions, strategies, sponsorship and a mutually beneficial working relationship.”
“The advent of smartphones and other technologies has urged sports organizations like the Ottawa Senators to consider new ways to engage their fans online and across multiple devices in order to maintain a ‘captive audience,’” said Alistair Rennie, general manager of analytics solutions at IBM. “With access to more data about fans than ever before, the Senators recognize that these insight can be an incredible resource for understanding their fans as individuals, and engage with them where, when and how they want to be reached while increasing their own operational efficiency.”
Visit the Senators website: www.ottawasenators.com
Engage with the Senators on Twitter: @Senators
Like the Senators on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ottawasenators
Follow the Senators on Instagram: senators
- end -