OTTAWA – Canadian Tire Centre (@CdnTireCtr) and the Ottawa Senators (@Senators) announced today, that in partnership with the City of Ottawa and VINCI Park, the upgrades to traffic flow following Ottawa Senators games are complete. These upgrades include traffic flow changes both northbound and southbound on Huntmar Drive that will also be aided by completion of the Highway 417 widening, which will be open both eastbound and westbound for the first time today.
The following traffic improvements will be implemented post-game for all Senators games, effective immediately:
Huntmar Drive northbound from Canadian Tire Centre
Access to Highway 417 via the north loop of the Palladium Drive interchange and Huntmar Drive overpass with a new traffic roundabout having two lanes open for cars.
- Traffic will operate with two lanes northbound along Huntmar Drive from Cyclone Taylor Blvd. across the Highway 417 overpass to Campeau Drive and around the newly constructed roundabout.
- From the roundabout, vehicles will have access to Highway 417 via the Palladium Drive interchange.
- These changes have improved the traffic flow at the Cyclone Taylor Boulevard / Huntmar Drive intersection. From this intersection, the fastest route to Highway 417 (east or west) is turning right onto Huntmar Drive and using the north loop.
Huntmar southbound from Canadian Tire Centre
A new exit has been constructed from Lot 4 of Canadian Tire Centre that allows patrons to exit Lot 4 and proceed southbound on Huntmar Drive without merging with on-coming southbound traffic. The new exit has both dedicated right- and left-turn lanes.
- Post-game, traffic operates with two lanes southbound along Huntmar Drive from Lot 4 to Maple Grove Road.
- This change has improved the traffic flow from Lot 4 and continues to relieve pressure from the Palladium Drive / Huntmar Drive intersection.
For a graphical representation of the upgrades to the traffic flow, please click here.
Highway 417 widening is completed
The widening of Highway 417 between Eagleson Road and Highway 7 has been completed in both directions. This will be open for the first time in both directions for the Senators game tomorrow night when they host the Winnipeg Jets at 7 p.m.
Visit the Senators website: www.ottawasenators.com
Engage with the Senators on Twitter: @Senators
Like the Senators on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ottawasenators
Follow the Senators on Instagram: nhlsenators
- end -