“Today’s announcement is about our fans and how important they are to our hockey club,” said Senators chief operating officer Cyril Leeder. “Since moving to Scotiabank Place in 1996, together with our fans, we have built this franchise into one the most successful in the NHL. We could not have done so without the great support of our fans in Hockey Country.
“To thank our fans for their tremendous support, Eugene has tasked our management team with implementing a number of initiatives for this year and next year that put Sens Fans First and demonstrate our commitment to them and appreciation for their loyalty.
“The objective of Sens Fans First is to make it as easy as possible to be a Senators fan. This includes ensuring we are providing affordable ticket options for all fans, creating opportunities to connect with the team and ensuring we put Sens fans first in everything we do.”
The first initiative is the Future Fans Pak. For the 13 of the 18 remaining Senators home games, a total of 10,000 seats will be made available for minor hockey players, students and their families. Children’s tickets, which include a game ticket, hot dog and a drink, will be available for $20. The same ticket is available to parents for just $29. The first Future Fans Pak game is tonight against the Los Angeles Kings.
Additional ticket packages will be available, including one for Saturday night games, where fans can save up to 35 per cent in selected areas of Scotiabank Place. There will also be more value-added promotions, such as the upcoming giveaway by Hummingbird MediSPA, when all fans attending the Feb. 5 game vs. Boston will receive a free gift certificate redeemable for either a manicure, pedicure, or 30-minute massage.
Another Sens Fans First initiative will be five Saturday open game-day skates. Scheduled for Feb. 7, Feb. 28, March 7, March 21 and April 4, fans can enter Scotiabank Place through Gate 1, with doors opening at 10 a.m. for the morning skate, which starts at 10:30 a.m. Activities will include face painting and tattoos, t-shirt giveaways and a free Senators poster for the first 500 children in attendance. Non-perishable food items will be accepted for the Ottawa Food Bank. Parking and admission is free for the open skates.
Season-ticket holders will also be recognized, with accounts holders receiving two tickets to a game in March or April. Additionally, the first 500 full-season ticket accounts that renew for the 2009-10 season will receive an extra two tickets for the Senators game against the Toronto Maple Leafs on March 9.
There will also be a number of new initiatives for the 2009-10 season, including:
- No increase in season-ticket prices.
- New ticket payment options, whereby fans can pay for 45 per cent of their season tickets in 2010.
- A two per cent savings for ticket holders who pay their account in full by June 15, 2009.
- Additional ticket services to make it easier to manage shared ticket packages with other fans.
- The new “Fan Signing Bonus.” Ticket package holders will receive tickets to up to six extra games in 2009-10, depending on the size of the ticket package they purchase.
To help enhance their connection to the team, the Senators will be rewarding ticket holders with a number of new events, including:
- Season- ticket holder draft party on Friday, June 26
- Expanded fan access to players participating in the Senators summer development camp
- A season-ticket holder kickoff event where fans will pick up their tickets from players, hear from hockey management, have access to purchase used equipment and tour the Senators dressing room
- Season-ticket holder luncheons
To reward new and existing ticket holders, the Senators will hold their biggest season-ticket contest ever. The Fans First Mega Draw will feature more than 500 prizes, including:
· One prize of a Senators team charter for two people
· Two prizes of “Owner for a Day”, including four tickets in owner Eugene Melnyk’s suite
· Two LG 52” HD flat-screen televisions
· 10 prizes to meet the Sens broadcasters in the press box
· 10 prizes of a free Senators suite night for you and 11 friends
· 15 prizes of a concert suite for you and 11 friends
· 100 player-autographed sticks
· 16 prizes of one hour of ice time at Scotiabank Place
· Four prizes for a child (ages 9 to 12) to be a pre-game flag bearer
· 20 private practice and locker room tours
· 50 prizes to view a morning skate with three friends
· 88 prizes for a child to ride the Zamboni pre-game
· 100 prizes of a Senate Club dinner for two
· 10 prizes of free Lot 4 parking
· 10 prizes of a limo ride to and from a Senators game
· 40 Club Link golf passes for a foursome
· One cross-Canada trip from Ottawa to Vancouver on VIA rail Rail (Early Bird)
· 22 gameworn player jerseys to be awarded this season (Early Bird)
· One suite night with $500 catering for the April 9 game (Early Bird)
Ticket holders that renew or buy new before Sept. 1, 2009, will be eligible for the draw. The last three prizes listed above will be used as early renewal prizes for those account holders that have renewed by March 2, 2009.