OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators Hockey Club today announced the details of the Be Red playoff campaign. With Ottawa heading to the playoffs for the 10th consecutive season, fans are encouraged to Be Red to help make Scotiabank Place into a sea of red during the team's playoff run.
Headlining the Be Red theme will be the return of the Red Zone plaza party outside of Gate 1, with the tent acting as the Molson Canadian Official 7th Man Headquarters for pre-game revelers at Scotiabank Place. The party kicks off two hours before each playoff home game on weekdays and three hours prior to each game on weekends in the Red Zone party plaza. Food and drinks will be available, while live bands will keep Sens fans entertained. There will be a kids interactive area for the younger Sens fans, and the Team 1200 will broadcast live on location. The party will continue in the Molson Canadian Official 7th Man Headquarters following each game.
Tickets for the Senators' first playoff round go on sale Saturday, March 24, at 10 a.m. The Direct Energy Power Patrol will be at Scotiabank Place at 8 a.m. to hand out coffee and donuts to those waiting to purchase playoff tickets (first come, first serve). The power patrol will also hold activities and award fans with playoff-themed prizes for participating.
Here are some contests, events and locations where Senators fans can get into the Be Red spirit:
- Red-themed Sens trivia questions will be posted in the sports section of the Ottawa Citizen and in the Ottawa Citizen's Gameday publication (available online) on select dates, starting Tuesday, March 20. Those answering questions correctly will earn a chance to win one of five pairs of Sens playoff tickets for a game at Scotiabank Place.
- The Direct Energy Power Patrol and A-Channel television will visit select locations around the Ottawa area on Thursday mornings March 22, March 29, April 5 and April 12 promoting the Be Red theme.
- Sens fans can Be Red@school and Be Red@work starting on March 28. Schools and businesses are asked to create a one-minute video or take a picture of their classroom or place of work showing how they are going to Be Red during the playoffs. Deadline for entries is three business days prior the start of each playoff round. The winning class will be rewarded with 60 tickets to a Senators playoff game, while the winning business will receive a luxury suite to a playoff game at Scotiabank Place.
- The Senators will host a playoff song contest, where fans are invited to compose and perform an original song. Fans are asked to submit a 90-second original song, with music and lyrics in English or French, incorporating the Be Red playoff theme. Deadline for entries is Thursday, April 5, at noon. The winning fan will receive eight tickets to a Round 1 playoff game at Scotiabank Place.
- Senators fans can fill out a ballot found in the Ottawa Citizen for a chance to win one of five pairs of 100-level tickets to a 2007 Stanley Cup playoff game at Scotiabank Place, courtesy of Scotiabank. Ballots will appear in the Citizen on March 23, March 24, March 26, March 28 and March 30, 2007.
- The Ottawa Senators and Canadian Blood Services are proud to host the Be Red, Give Red blood donor clinic at Scotiabank Place on Wednesday, April 11, from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. Spartacat will be present to hand out playoff prizing to those who donate blood. Persons interested in donating blood can call 1-888-2-DONATE (1-888-236-6283) to sign up for an appointment.
- The Senators will hold a Be Red food drive as part of the game on March 27 in support of The Ottawa Food Bank. Fans are encouraged to bring in red non-perishable food items for donation.
- Senators fans can visit participating Scotiabank branches starting Monday, April 2, to receive their free, exclusive Be Red window clings. Quantities are limited; while supplies last.
- Special Be Red playoff t-shirts will be on sale at Sensations.
- There will be a Be Red playoff party at Marshy's at Scotiabank Place on Saturday, April 7. Fans in attendance to watch the Senators' final regular season game against the Boston Bruins will have the opportunity to win prizes.
For more details about the Be Red playoff campaign and individual playoff promotions, please visit www.ottawasenators.com.
- end -