The Sabres are back at home this afternoon for a game against the Devils. We encourage you to come check out the action (and pick up your free magnet schedule courtesy of Perry's Ice Cream!), but if you can't, join us for the GMC Game Night pregame show, starting at 2:30 p.m.
Faceoff is scheduled for just after 3. RJ and Rayzor have the call.
Here's what you need to know.
What to watch for
Video: Sabres Now (10/8/17)
Buffalo is looking to bounce back from a wild 6-3 loss on Saturday on the road to the Islanders. While Evander Kane scored twice shorthanded, the Sabres' top power-play unit ended up allowing two of their own.
The Sabres' practice yesterday focused on execution and the little details that will hopefully transfer over to today's game and contests moving forward.
"It's getting back to the little details. That's what killed us [Saturday]," alternate captain Ryan O'Reilly said. "Just little things - not relaxing at certain times of the game. I thought we had a good, intense practice with everyone just going. Competing, moving our feet, having good sticks, being physical, going to the right spots. It's something we've got to carry over into [Monday]."
Video: HOUSLEY: After Practice
Check out the full practice report here.
The Devils won their first game of the season on Saturday, a 4-1 decision over Colorado. Will Butcher recorded three assists while Adam Henrique, Jimmy Hayes, Jesper Bratt and John Moore each tallied. Cory Schneider made 40 saves.
- This is first of three meetings between the Sabres and Devils this season.
- Last meeting: New Jersey defeated Buffalo 2-1 in New Jersey on Feb. 6
- Next meeting: Friday, Dec. 29 in New Jersey
- The Sabres are 2-6-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Devils; 4-5-1 at home.
- This is the 152nd game all-time between Buffalo and New Jersey; Buffalo has a 74-51-26 series record.
- The Sabres are 40-25-11 at home against the Devils all-time.
- With 12 shootouts in the 33 matchups since the beginning of 2007-08 season, the Sabres have played more shootouts against the Devils than any other non-divisional opponent, going 7-5 in those shootouts.
- Buffalo needs a win today to avoid its first five-game losing streak against New Jersey since the Devils won six in a row from March 9, 1997 to Jan. 6, 2000.
- Nathan Beaulieu has an assist in each of his last three games against the Devils.
- Ryan O'Reilly has five points (2+3) in his last five games against New Jersey.
Party in the Plaza moving indoors
The Buffalo Sabres today announced the Kids Day Party in the Plaza scheduled for today has been canceled due to inclement weather. Several activities will still take place inside KeyBank Center on the 100 level pavilion starting at 1 p.m.
Fans can still take advantage of airbrush tattoos, balloon animals, a fan photo area and music from DJ Milk. Perry's Ice Cream and Yancey's Fancy will have samples throughout the event. Sabretooth and other local mascots will be making an appearance and will be available for autographs and pictures.
On tap today
Phil Housley will address the media at around 12:45, so we'll have his pregame comments for you here, including who will be starting in goal.
Then stick around for our full pregame coverage leading you up to the pregame show.
We'll squeeze in a Sabres Prospects Report for you as well as Kris Baker catches you up on the future of the blue and gold.