It's a game day in Boston.
The Buffalo Sabres and Boston Bruins will wrap up their season series this afternoon at TD Garden. Faceoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. on MSG and WGR 550 with pregame coverage starting at 12:30.
Here's what you need to know.
Video: AFTER PRACTICE: Granato
From Sabres.com's Practice Report, here's how the team lined up during Friday's skate in Boston:
53 Jeff Skinner - 23 Sam Reinhart - 68 Victor Olofsson
74 Rasmus Asplund - 37 Casey Mittelstadt - 25 Arttu Ruotsalainen
96 Anders Bjork - 24 Dylan Cozens - 91 Drake Caggiula
13 Tobias Rieder - 15 Riley Sheahan - 72 Tage Thompson
26 Rasmus Dahlin - 10 Henri Jokiharju
54 Mattias Samuelsson - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
78 Jacob Bryson - 3 William Borgen
44 Matt Irwin / 88 Brandon Davidson - 33 Colin Miller
1 Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
31 Dustin Tokarski
Sabres interim coach Don Granato said he was "leaning toward" starting rookie Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen against the Bruins this afternoon. Luukkonen has started three of Buffalo's last four games since making his NHL debut on April 23.
Video: After Practice: SAMUELSSON
For more on Mattias Samuelsson's development on defense and the lessons Rasmus Dahlin and Henri Jokiharju are learning as they earn more responsibility, check out yesterday's Practice Report.
In the video Practice Report, Brian Duff takes you through on Granato is pushing young players like Tage Thompson to develop consistency in their games:
Video: PRACTICE REPORT
Today in Sabres history
1995: Dominik Hasek records a 32-save shutout and Richard Smehlik and Alexander Mogilny score Buffalo's goals in a 2-0 win against Montreal in the Sabres' only regular-season game on May 1.
From the Game Notes, courtesy of our friends at @SabresPR:
- This is the eighth and final game between the Sabres and Bruins this season.
- Last meeting: Boston defeated Buffalo 5-2 in Boston on April 29.
- The Sabres are 1-8-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Bruins; 3-6-1 on the road.
- This is the 304th game all-time between Buffalo and Boston; Buffalo has a 126-131-46 series record.
- Sam Reinhart has scored six goals in his last four games.
- It marks the second time in his career and first since he scored five goals from Nov. 29 to Dec. 4, 2019 that Reinhart has scored in four consecutive games.
- Reinhart enters today's game with 11 points (9+2) in his last nine games, including at least a point in each of his last four (6+1).
- He leads all Sabres in goals (5) and points (5) in seven games against Boston this season.
- Dylan Cozens has seven assists in 11 games dating back to April 11, which ranks second among rookies during that span.
- Cozens' three assists in six contests against Boston lead the team.
- Casey Mittelstadt enters this afternoon's game riding a four-game point streak (2+2).
- He has totaled 14 points (9+5) in his last 17 games dating back to March 31.
- His nine goals are second on the team in that span, trailing only Sam Reinhart (11).
- Henri Jokiharju has two points (0+2) in three trips to TD Garden this season.
MSG broadcast going Bald For Bucks
Video: Dan and Marty are going Bald for Bucks in 2021
The Sabres are once again partnering with Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center and their Bald For Bucks initiative to raise funds for critical cancer research and patient-care programs.
During today's broadcast, Dan Dunleavy and Martin Biron will have their heads shaved in support of the initiative. Amerks assistant coach Mike Weber, who was one of the first Sabres players to participate in Bald For Bucks, is having his head shaved as well.
Donate $50 or more from now until May 2 to receive a limited-edition Buffalo Sabres Bald for Bucks T-shirt. Click here for full details and to donate.