The regular season wraps up tonight with the Sabres in Detroit to take on the Red Wings. Faceoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. on MSG and WGR 550. The GMC Game Night pregame show kicks off at 6:30 on MSG.
Make sure you have the My One Buffalo app downloaded and that you're registered so that you're eligible to win great prizes throughout the broadcast.
Here's what you need to know.
From the Game Notes…
- This is the fourth and final meeting between the Sabres and Red Wings this season.
- Last meeting: Detroit defeated Buffalo 5-4 (OT) in Buffalo on March 28
- The Sabres are 7-2-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Red Wings; 5-4-1 on the road.
- The Sabres are 7-2-2 against the Red Wings since the beginning of the 2016-17 season, including a 4-1-0 record on the road and a 2-0-1 record so far this season.
- With a win tonight, the Sabres would have wins in at least three consecutive visits to Detroit for just the second time in franchise history, joining Buffalo's five-game road winning streak against the Red Wings from Oct. 25, 1979 to Dec. 12, 1981. The Sabres also went undefeated in three straight visits from Jan. 2, 1986 to Dec. 23, 1987 (1-0-2).
- The Sabres have killed 27 of 30 penalties (90.0%) against Detroit in their last eight meetings, dating back to March 20, 2017.
- With 80 points (28+52) through 76 games, Jack Eichel is guaranteed to post the Sabres' best points-per-game rate in an 82-game season since Daniel Briere (1.17) and Maxim Afinogenov (1.09) in 2006-07.
- With his 217th career regular-season goal as a Sabre on Thursday vs. Ottawa, Jason Pominville passed Don Luce for sole possession of 10th-most goals in franchise history.
- The Sabres are 23-17-7 all-time in the final game of the regular season.
Fan Appreciation Night Goes Digital
Fans tuned in to MSG for the team's final road game against the Detroit Red Wings tonight will have a chance to win prizes throughout the broadcast when Fan Appreciation Night Goes Digital. Registered My One Buffalo members will be able to access a form to enter the contest to win a variety of prizes, including Sabres season tickets and an overnight stay package from Buffalo Marriott Harborcenter and more.
To participate in this contest, fans can follow the link on the homepage of the My One Buffalo app, which will be available from the beginning of the pregame show through the end of the third period. Winners will be announced by Brian Duff during both intermissions and the postgame show on MSG.
New Beyond Blue and Gold
Video: BBG: A Study In Development
We have one more episode for you before the season ends. We recently followed goaltending development coach Seamus Kotyk on a trip to watch prospect Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen in action.
It's been one year since the tragic bus crash in Humboldt, Saskatchewan.
Frozen Four festivities announced
The Frozen Four is coming to Buffalo this week with games to be played on Thursday and Saturday at KeyBank Center. Tickets are on sale now.
Here is the list of events for this week. The lineup features several free fan events such as open practices, Frozen Fest, the Hobey Baker Award Presentation, and an ESPN/USCHO radio event at (716) Food and Sport.
Wednesday, April 10
Open Practices at KeyBank Center
11 a.m.: Providence
12:15 p.m.: Minnesota Duluth
1:30 p.m.: Massachusetts
2:45 p.m.: Denver
Thursday, April 11
2:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.: Frozen Fest & Team Arrivals at Alumni Plaza
3:30 p.m.: KeyBank Center Doors Open (session ticket required)
5 p.m.: National Semifinal: Minnesota Duluth vs. Providence
8:30 p.m.: National Semifinal: Massachusetts vs. Denver
Friday, April 12
3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.: NCAA Autograph Sessions at Harborcenter - Level 7
4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.: Championship Awards Presentation Ceremony on Harborcenter's KeyBank Rink 1
6 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.: Hobey Baker Award Presentation - Live on NHL Network on Harborcenter's KeyBank Rink 1
6:45 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.: ESPN/USCHO Radio Event with John Buccigross & Barry Melrose at (716) Food and Sport
Saturday, April 13
3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.: Frozen Fest & Team Arrivals at Alumni Plaza
6:30 p.m.: KeyBank Center Doors Open (ticket required)
8 p.m.: National Championship Game
For ticket information, please visit NCAA.com/FrozenFour. Full details are available here.