Buffalo takes on Nashville tonight at KeyBank Center. It's a 7 p.m. faceoff on MSG and WGR 550 with the GMC Game Night pregame show starting at 6:30 on MSG. Tickets are on sale now.
We'll have lineup news and notes for you here on Sabres.com when the team takes the ice for the morning skate.
Here's what you need to know.
From the Game Notes…
- This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Predators this season.
- Last meeting: Nashville defeated Buffalo 2-1 in Nashville on Dec. 3, 2018
- The Sabres are 3-5-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Predators; 1-5-4 at home.
- Jack Eichel has totaled nine points (3+6) in seven career games against the Predators, including a franchise record-tying five assists on March 31, 2018 in Nashville.
- Jeff Skinner has posted 16 points (8+8) in 14 career meetings with the Predators.
- Kyle Okposo has 11 points (6+5) in 12 career games against Nashville.
- Sam Reinhart has seven points (6+1) in seven career games against the Predators, including four goals in his last two.
- Jake McCabe has points in each of his last two matchups with the Predators (1+2).
- Sabres Head Coach Phil Housley was an assistant coach with the Predators from 2013 to 2017.
- Sabres G Carter Hutton spent three seasons (2013 to 2016) with the Predators, posting a 66-33-23 record with a 2.55 goals-against average and .910 save percentage.
Montour joins Tablet Talk
The new Sabres defenseman sits down with Martin Biron to look at his two goals with Buffalo:
Video: Tablet Talk: Brandon Montour
Fan Appreciation Night is Thursday
The team's annual Fan Appreciation celebration will take place during the team's final home and road games of the 2018-19 season.
The winner of the Fan of the Year Award, presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York, will be honored prior to Thursday's game. Winners of this season's player awards will also be announced throughout the game as well. Awards will include Sabres Foundation Man of the Year presented by Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, Unsung Hero presented by Labatt, Rookie of the Year presented by Fallsview Casino Resort and Most Valuable Player presented by KeyBank.
During the game, season ticket holders will receive an additional $2 off their season ticket holder concession pricing and all fans will be able to purchase hot dogs, soft pretzels, popcorn and soda for just $3 each. Additionally, the Sabres Store will be giving all fans 30 percent off their entire purchase during the game.
Click here for more details and giveaways.
Amerks getting ready for playoff run
Trailing 3-1 in the minute of the first period of Saturday's game in Binghamton, the Rochester Americans scored five of the game's next six goals, including four in the third period, to complete the 6-4 win and clinch a playoff berth.
The victory was the Amerks eighth win when trailing after 40 minutes of play, which is most in the AHL this season. Additionally, it was the fourth come-from-behind win when facing a multi-goal deficit this season for the Amerks, who rallied from being down 3-0 for a 4-3 overtime win in Utica on Feb. 22 and used a three-goal third-period in Hartford on Nov. 18 to earn a 4-3 road win over the Wolf Pack. Rochester also scored three times in the final 13:53 of regulation to overcome a three-goal deficit in a 5-4 overtime win in Toronto on Mar. 24.
We'll have more in our weekly Amerks update later today.
Playoff tickets go on sale Friday.