The Buffalo Sabres are back home tonight, where they'll take on the Calgary Flames at KeyBank Center.
It's a 7 p.m. faceoff. Pregame coverage starts at 6:30 on MSG with GMC Game Night.
Here's what you need to know.
Cernak gets two games
For his elbow on Rasmus Dahlin during Monday's game, the NHL Department of Player Safety announced that Erik Cernak has been suspended for two games:
Dahlin was diagnosed with a concussion after the game. We'll have an update from Sabres head coach Ralph Krueger after the team's morning skate today.
From @SabresPR's Game Notes…
- This is the first of two meetings between the Sabres and Flames this season.
- Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Calgary 4-3 (OT) in Calgary on Jan. 16
- Next meeting: Thursday, Dec. 5 in Calgary
- The Sabres are 5-3-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Flames; 7-1-2 at home.
- The Sabres and Flames have split their season series in each of the last five seasons. They will meet again in eight days to wrap up the two-game season series.
- Brandon Montour is expected to appear in his 200th NHL game tonight.
- With his 30th point of the season on Monday at Tampa Bay, Jack Eichel became the first Sabre to reach the 30-point mark in 24 or fewer games since Thomas Vanek did so in 24 games in 2012-13.
Coming this weekend… It's Ray v. Domi
We sat down Rob Ray and Tie Domi to watch all 13 of their fights against one another.
During the intermissions of our broadcast Saturday night on MSG, be sure to catch the two-part documentary.
It's also going to air exclusively in-arena during Friday's home game.
Check out the teaser here:
One Buffalo Charity Bags on sale
Don't miss your chance to get all the holiday shopping for the Buffalo sports fans in your lives done in one shot:
Today in Sabres history
1971: Craig Ramsay appears in his first NHL game, a 5-2 loss at Vancouver. Ramsay would go on to play 1,070 games during the course of his NHL career, all with the Sabres, trailing only Gilbert Perreault (1,191) for most in franchise history.