The Sabres are home tonight to take on the Detroit Red Wings at KeyBank Center.
Catch the GMC Game Night pregame show on MSG starting at 6:30. RJ and Rayzor will have the call at 7 on MSG and WGR 550. Tickets are on sale now, too.
Here's what you need to know.
From @SabresPR's Game Notes…
- This is the fourth and final meeting between the Sabres and Red Wings this season.
- Last meeting: Detroit defeated Buffalo 4-3 (SO) in Buffalo on Feb. 6.
- The Sabres are 6-2-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Red Wings; 3-4-3 at home.
- Today's game is the eighth in a 20-day stretch during which the Sabres play nine of 10 games at home. The lone road game during that span was a 3-2 win on Friday at NY Rangers.
- The road team has won seven of the last eight meetings between the Sabres and Red Wings, including each of the last five.
- The Sabres are 10-2-3 against the Red Wings since the beginning of the 2016-17 season, including a 3-1-3 record at home.
- Buffalo has killed 38 of 43 penalties (88.4%) against Detroit in the 12 meetings between the clubs dating back to March 20, 2017.
- Jimmy Vesey enters tonight's game on a three-game point streak (2+2). He would tie the best streak of his career (Nov. 24 to 29, 2019) with a point tonight.
A new episode of Tablet Talk
Curtis Lazar joins Martin Biron to break down some of his top plays so far this season…
Video: Tablet Talk: Curtis Lazar
2000s Night is Thursday
Let's look back at the wildest game in Sabres history, Buffalo's 7-6 overtime win against Ottawa in Game 1 of the 2006 Eastern Conference Semifinals:
Video: Inside the Numbers: 2006's 7-6 win vs. Ottawa