|Christian Ehrhoff (Photo: Getty Images)
BUFFALO, N.Y. (August 30, 2012) --- The National Hockey League today announced the national television schedules for the 2012-13 season, with the Buffalo Sabres slated to have 15 of their games broadcast nationally in the United States. The Sabres are scheduled to have two games air on NBC, one as part of NBC’s ‘flex’ schedule, and 13 games will be broadcast on NBC Sports Network. MSG, the Sabres’ local TV rights-holder, will air 70 games in 2012-13. All 82 Sabres games in 2012-13 will be available in high-definition.
The Sabres’ 15 national US TV appearances are the second-most for all teams in the NHL. Boston, Detroit and Pittsburgh each have 17 national appearances across the NBC networks.
Buffalo’s game against Pittsburgh on Feb. 17 will air on NBC as part of the network’s Hockey Day in America tripleheader package. NBC has also scheduled to broadcast the Sabres’ March 17 matchup against the Capitals, with the potential for the game to be moved to NBC Sports Network as part of its ‘flex’ schedule.
Four of Buffalo’s games will be featured as part of NBC Sports Network’s ‘Game of the Week’ package on Wednesday nights; Oct. 24 vs. New Jersey, Dec. 26 vs. Washington, Jan. 9 vs. Boston and Feb. 6 at Boston.
Below is a list of all games scheduled to air on NBC/NBC Sports Network in 2012-13:
- Oct. 16 vs. Detroit, 7:30 (NBCSN)**
- Oct. 24 vs. New Jersey, 7:30 (NBCSN)*
- Dec. 3 at Toronto, 7:30 (NBCSN)
- Dec. 4 vs. San Jose, 7:30 (NBCSN)
- Dec. 17 at Montreal, 7:30 (NBCSN)
- Dec. 26 vs. Washington, 7:30 (NBCSN)*
- Jan. 9 vs. Boston, 7:30 (NBCSN)*
- Feb. 5 vs. Los Angeles, 7:30 (NBCSN)
- Feb. 6 at Boston, 7:30 (NBCSN)*
- Feb. 17 vs. Pittsburgh, 12:30 (NBC)
- Feb. 26 at Tampa Bay, 7:30 (NBCSN)
- March 17 at Washington, 7:30 (NBC/NBCSN flex)
- March 26 at Tampa Bay, 7:30 (NBCSN)**
- April 8 at Toronto, 7:30 (NBCSN)
- April 13 vs. Boston, 7:30 (NBCSN)**
(*denotes NBC Sports Network exclusive Game of the Week)
(** game will be shown on MSG in Buffalo/Rochester market)
Buffalo will have its remaining 70 games broadcast on MSG in the Buffalo/Rochester market. MSG is entering the sixth year of a 10-year extension to broadcast Sabres games locally.
Additionally, the NHL Network will be airing two Sabres games in 2012-13: Nov. 17 at Philadelphia and Dec. 1 at Boston.
CBC, as part of its Hockey Night in Canada programming, will air eight of Buffalo’s matchups this season: Dec. 8 at Montreal; Dec. 15 vs. Montreal, Dec. 22 at Calgary, Dec. 29 at Winnipeg and April 6 at Montreal.