The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team's giveaway items and promotional schedule for the 2017-18 season. This season, the team will host eight giveaway nights, 22 promotional nights and four theme nights.
The giveaways will start on Opening Night presented by KeyBank when every fan in attendance will find a blue or gold T-shirt at their seat depending on their section. The next home game, Oct. 9 against the New Jersey Devils, will be a Kids Day game presented by Perry's Ice Cream and will feature a magnet schedule giveaway.
For the team's Fan Appreciation Night presented by ADPRO Sports on April 4, every fan in attendance will receive a bobblehead. Other giveaways include a growth chart for children on Jan. 20 and a Winter Classic™ jersey towel on Feb. 19.
During some of the theme nights this season, fans will receive a giveaway in conjunction with the game's theme. Military Appreciation Night (Nov. 10) will feature a dog tag giveaway, Hockey Fights Cancer Night presented by Roswell Park Cancer Institute (Nov. 18) will include a purple scarf giveawa, and green koozies will be part of the festivities for the St. Patrick's Day game on March 17.
In addition to the giveaways and theme nights, the Sabres will host 22 promotional nights throughout the season, including 11 Family Pack games, six Kids Day games and five Sabres Style games presented by Coca-Cola. The team will also host the San Jose Sharks on Oct. 28 during One Buffalo Weekend.
A full promotional schedule is below.
- Oct. 5 - Blue and gold T-shirts
- Oct. 9 - Magnet schedules
- Nov. 10 - Military dog tags
- Nov. 18 - Purple Hockey Fights Cancer scarves
- Jan. 20 - Growth charts
- Feb. 19 - Winter Classic™ jersey towels
- March 17 - Green koozies
- April 4 - Bobbleheads
- Nov. 10 - Military Appreciation Night
- Nov. 18 - Hockey Fights Cancer Night presented by Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Feb. 6 - You Can Play Night
- March 17 - St. Patrick's Day Game
- Opening Night presented by KeyBank - Oct. 5
- Fan Appreciation Night presented by ADPRO Sports - April 4
- One Buffalo Weekend - Oct. 28
- Kids Day Games - Oct. 9, Oct. 28, Jan. 20, Feb. 17, Feb. 19 and March 10
- Sabres Style Games presented by Coca-Cola - Oct. 28, Dec. 15, Jan. 11, Feb. 3 and March 29
- Family Pack Games - Oct. 20, Nov. 10, Nov. 18, Nov. 22, Dec. 15, Dec. 22, Feb. 3, Feb. 8, Feb. 11, Feb. 25 and March 23