The Buffalo Sabres today announced they will open Training Camp for the 2010-11 NHL season on Friday, September 17 when veterans report to HSBC Arena for physicals and on-ice testing. The full camp gets underway on Saturday, September 18 as part of the “Puckdrop 2010” festivities. A total of 58 players are currently scheduled to attend this year’s camp -- 33 forwards, 20 defensemen and 5 goaltenders. (Camp roster attached.)
Friday’s on-ice testing is closed to the public. HSBC Arena will be open to the public only for the 1 p.m. rookie camp scrimmage.
All HSBC Arena practices are free and open to the public, and select concession stands will be open.
The team will play six games, including two at HSBC Arena. The Sabres will begin their preseason slate at home on Saturday, September 25 when their cross-border rivals from Toronto visit HSBC Arena. The same teams will also square off two days later at the Air Canada Centre on September 27. For the second time in three years, Buffalo was selected to participate in the NHL’s Kraft Hockeyville game. This year, the contest against the Ottawa Senators will be held in Dundas, Ontario on Tuesday, September 28. The Sabres will then travel to Montreal to play the Canadiens on September 30, before concluding with a pair of games against the Philadelphia Flyers -- October 1 at Philadelphia, and October 3 in Buffalo.
Below is the 2010 Training Camp and preseason schedule. Click here
for the training camp roster.
- Friday, September 17 - 1 p.m. scrimmage - Rookies only (HSBC Arena)
- Saturday, September 18 - 9:45 a.m. practice; 11:45 a.m. scrimmage (HSBC Arena)
- Sunday, September 19 - 9:45 a.m. practice; 11:45 a.m. scrimmage (HSBC Arena)
- Monday, September 20 - 9:45 a.m. practice; 11:45 a.m. scrimmage (HSBC Arena)
- Tuesday, September 21 - 9:45 a.m. practice; 11:45 a.m. scrimmage (Amherst Center)
- Wednesday, September 22 - 9:30 a.m. practice (HSBC Arena)
- Thursday, September 23 - 9:30 a.m. practice (HSBC Arena)
- Friday, September 24 - 9:30 a.m. practice (HSBC Arena)
- Saturday, September 25 - Toronto at Buffalo, 7 p.m. (HSBC Arena)
- Monday, September 27 - Buffalo at Toronto, 7 p.m. (Air Canada Centre)
- Tuesday, September 28 - Buffalo at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m. (Dundas, Ontario)
- Thursday, September 30 - Buffalo at Montreal, 7:30 p.m. (Bell Centre)
- Friday, October 1 - Buffalo at Philadelphia, 7 p.m. (Wachovia Center)
- Sunday, October 3 - Philadelphia at Buffalo, 6 p.m. (HSBC Arena)