Martin Biron took to the Buffalo Sabres social media accounts on Monday to let everyone know that the team is going to re-air some great Sabres games of the past on MSG starting next week. He asked for recommendations from fans and did you guys ever deliver.
So set your DVRs! All "Sabres Classics" broadcasts will start at 8 p.m. in the local Buffalo market.
Here is what we have scheduled:
Monday, March 23
- Game 6 of the 1994 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals (April 27, 1994)
- Dominik Hasek made 70 saves and Dave Hannan netted a goal in the fourth overtime period in a 1-0 win over New Jersey to force a Game 7. Since gameplay lasted 2 hours, 5 minutes and 43 seconds, we'll pick it up in the third period.
Tuesday, March 24
- The Final Game at The Aud (April 14, 1996)
- "Farewell, Old Friend." Those were the words used by former owner Seymour H. Knox III during the closing ceremonies of Buffalo Memorial Auditorium. The team called The Aud home for 26 seasons and recorded a 4-1 victory over Hartford in the last game played there.
Wednesday, March 25
- Sabres win 10th consecutive game to start 2006-07 season (October 26, 2006)
- Following a "Scary Good" playoff run, the Sabres opened up the 2006-07 campaign with 10 victories in a row. Here's the final game of the streak that helped propel Buffalo to the best record in the NHL that season.
Thursday, March 26
- Sabres and Rangers Play First Meaningful Game in Manhattan After 9/11 (October 7, 2001)
- After the tragic events of September 11, the Sabres took on the Rangers in New York's regular-season home opener at Madison Square Garden as the nation healed. In a sign of solidarity, the Sabres wore jerseys with a "New York" script across the front.
Friday, March 27
- Game 5 of the 2007 Eastern Conference Semifinals (May 4, 2007)
- "Who else" but Chris Drury could deliver a game-tying goal in the dying seconds of regulation? We'll pick up this game against the Rangers in the second period.
The games will also be replayed multiple times each evening and the next day on MSG and they will air throughout the weekend as well. They will be available on the MSG Go app, too.
And if you miss a game, we'll have it uploaded to our official YouTube channel at noon the following day. Subscribe today!
Stay tuned to Sabres.com and our social channels for updates and additional content surrounding each classic game.