The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team's 2019 preseason schedule. The team will play six games, including two home games at KeyBank Center. Ticket information and pricing will be announced at a later date.
Among their other five games, the Sabres will play three road games and a neutral-site contest at Pegula Ice Arena at Pennsylvania State University on Monday, Sept. 16 against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Here is the complete 2019 Buffalo Sabres preseason schedule (all times ET):
- Mon, Sept. 16: Sabres vs. Penguins - 7 p.m. at Pegula Ice Arena (Penn State University)
- Tues., Sept. 17: Sabres at Blue Jackets - 7 p.m. at Nationwide Arena
- Fri., Sept. 20: Sabres at Maple Leafs - 7 p.m. at Scotiabank Arena
- Sat., Sept. 21: Maple Leafs vs. Sabres - 7 p.m. at KeyBank Center
- Wed., Sept. 25: Blue Jackets vs. Sabres - 7 p.m. at KeyBank Center
- Sun., Sept. 28: Sabres at Penguins - 3 p.m. at PPG Paints Arena
The Sabres and Penguins will face off in a rematch of the last NHL contest at Pegula Ice Arena in 2017. The game will be the third-ever game contested between NHL teams at Pegula Ice Arena since the arena opened on Oct. 11, 2013 as home of Penn State's NCAA Division I men's and women's ice hockey teams. In addition to the 2017 preseason meeting between Buffalo and Pittsburgh, the Sabres previously opened their 2016 preseason schedule at Penn State against the Minnesota Wild.
The 5,782-seat arena, which was funded as part of a $102 million donation by Sabres owners Terry and Kim Pegula, was planned in 2010 with the amenities required to host professional exhibition games.