- Lindy Ruff will be back behind the bench, wearing a protective jacket.
- Christian Ehrhoff
is sick; Ruff says he’s questionable for tonight.
- If Ehrhoff can’t go, Marc-Andre Gragnani
would be inserted into the lineup.
- Ryan Miller
is expected to make his 10th consecutive start.WHAT THEY WERE SAYING
Lindy Ruff (click to hear full audio)Have you made a decision for yourself tonight?
Yeah – I’m gonna give it a go. I’m gonna try to find my way through it … I’ll have James there, and we’ll leave Teppo down on the bench too just for extra help … I wasn’t exactly enjoying myself upstairs. You miss the intensity of the game. Sitting up there is fine, but there’s a lot you miss out on. …Is Christian Ehrhoff sick or hurt?
He’s sick; we had him go to our doctor this morning. We don’t know what his status will be for tonight. If he’s better, he may come in. If he’s not, he won’t be in.If Marc-Andre Gragnani replaces Ehrhoff, what does he have to do to impress you?
We need the two points; we need him to play well. He understands that some of the battle wasn’t there when he was playing. We feel that with a bigger effort, he can easily fill in and be a reliable defenseman.TONIGHT’S GAMEDEVILS at SABRES
- Fourth and final meeting between the Sabres and Devils this season.
- Last meeting: Buffalo defeated New Jersey, 2-1 (SO), in New Jersey on Jan. 24.
- The Sabres are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Devils; 5-3-2 at home.
- This is the 136th game all-time between Buffalo and New Jersey; Buffalo is 69-44-22 against the Devils (36-21-10 at home).STORYLINES
- Ryan Miller
is 5-1-1 in his last seven games with two shutouts, with a 1.23 GAA and a .958 SV%.
- The Sabres have points in 13 of their last 14 home games (7-2-5).
- Buffalo has seen 11 of their last 14 home games decided by one goal. Of their 29 home games this season, 19 have been decided by just one goal. The Sabres are 7-6-6 in these games.THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOWJordan Leopold
has points (2+3) in each of his last five games against the Devils… Jason Pominville
enters tonight’s game on a four-game point streak (3+2)… The Sabres are 12-6-3 (.643) with Tyler Ennis
in the lineup… Buffalo is 20-3-2 when allowing two or fewer goals and 19-4-2 when scoring three or more… Eighteen of the Sabres’ last 22 games have been decided by two goals or less… The Sabres are 15-3-3 when Derek Roy
records at least one point.HOT AT HOME
Entering Monday night’s games, Jason Pominville
was tied for fourth in the league with 33 points in 29 home games. Thomas Vanek
also at a point-per-game pace at First Niagara Center, tallying 27 points in 27 games.