The Pirates went 1-1-1-0 in their three road games played last week. They opened action with a 4-3 loss to Binghamton Friday night; rebounded 24 hours later with a 2-1 win against the Adirondack Phantoms Saturday night and wrapped up the weekend with a 6-5 overtime loss to Worcester Sunday afternoon.
In their first game last week, Portland was beaten by Binghamton 4-3. Denis Hamel scored twice for the Senators while Keegan Dansereau and Brandon Svendson also scored. Cody McCormick
, Mark Mancari and Mike Weber
scored for the Pirates. Portland outshot the Senators 37-33 in the game as Jhonas Enroth
took the loss.
On Saturday the Pirates traveled to Glens Falls, NY to meet Adirondack. Enroth made 26 save in a first-star performance and Mancari and McCormick supplied the offense on the way to a 2-1 win over the phantoms.
Dwight Helminen capped a five-goal comeback 3:19 into overtime as the Sharks rallied to beat the Pirates 6-5. Steven Zalewski, Brandon Mashinter, Logan Couture, Benn Ferriero and Danny Groulx scored for the Sharks. Groulx’s goal with only 43 seconds remaining in regulation forced the OT. Mike Kostka, Joe DiPenta, Felix Schutz, Paul Byron and Mancari extending his goal and point scoring streaks to five games (5-5-10), scored for the Pirates while Tyler Ennis
collected a pair of assists. The Sharks outshot the Pirates 43-31 as JP Lamoureux took the loss.This Week:Tuesday, January 12, 2010 vs. Lowell (CCCC), 7 p.m.
* This will be the fourth of 10 meeting between the Pirates and the Devils this season
* Lowell ranks third in the Atlantic Division with 49 points
* Lowell is the top power-play team in the AHL at 23.8 percent
* defeated the Devils in their last match, a 4-1 decision on November 28th.Friday, January 15, 2010 vs. Worcester Sharks (CCCC), 7;00 PM
* Heading into this week, Worcester was ranked second in the Atlantic Division with 50 points
* The Sharks have won eight out of their last 10 games.
* In the last meeting between the two teams Worcester came from behind to beat the Pirates in 6-5 OT victory on Sunday.Saturday, January 16, 2010 @ Lowell (Tsongas Arena), 1:30 PMRecent Transactions: