Week of 3/23/09
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
Colin Murphy has 4 points (2 goals, 2 assists) in his last 4 games.
|Mike Kostka (Photo: Heather Harvey) |
- Felix Schutz has 4 points (2 goals, 2 asssists) in his last 4 games.
- Marek Zagrapan has 3 points (2 goals, 1 assist) in his last 4 games.
- Mathieu Darche has 3 points (2 goals, 1 assists) in his last 4 games.
- Tim Kennedy ranks 1st among AHL rookies in scoring with 55 points (14 goals, 41 assists).
- Mark Mancari ranks 18th among AHL scoring leaders with 60 points (27 goals, 33 assists).
- Mathieu Darche ranks 3rd among AHL leaders in game-winning goals with 7.
- Jhonas Enroth ranks 4th among AHL goalies in saves with 1,398.
- Nathan Gerbe ranks 4th among AHL rookies in scoring with 48 points (25 goals, 23 assists).
- Nathan Gerbe ranks 1st among AHL rookies in goal scoring with 25 goals.
- Tim Kennedy ranks 1st among AHL rookie assist leaders with 41 assists.
- Marc-Andre Gragnani ranks 5th among AHL defensemen in scoring with 43 points (7 goals, 36 assists).
- The Pirates rank 14th among all 29 AHL teams in attendance averaging 4,661 per game.
- Only four Pirates players have played in all 70 games this season (Zagrapan, Darche, Fretter and Kostka).
PIRATES PLAYER OF THE WEEK: #25 Mike Kostka
- Friday, March 27th - Civic Center - Pirates vs. Lowell 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, March 28th - Civic Center - Pirates vs. Manchester 7:00 p.m.
Pirates defenseman Mike Kostka is the Pirates Player of the Week and the team’s nomination for the AHL Player of the Week. This is the fourth time this season that Kostka has earned the honor. The 23 year-old notched 4 points (0 goals, 4 assists) this week during the Pirates four games.
On Wednesday, the Ajax, Ontario native recorded an assist in the Pirates come-from-behind, 5-2 win on the road against the Manchester Monarchs. On Friday, Kostka did not register a point in the team’s 3-1 loss at home to the Hartford Wolf Pack. Saturday night, Kostka contributed two assists in the Pirates 5-4 loss at home to the Hershey Bears. On Sunday, Kostka picked up his fourth point of the week with an assist in the Pirates 4-3 loss to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. Over the Pirates four games, the rookie defensemen had a +4 plus/minus rating.