Week of 3/16/09NOTABLES:
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- Only four Pirates players have played in all 66 games this season (Zagrapan, Darche, Fretter and Kostka).
- Mathieu Darche has 4 points (2 goals, 2 assists) in his last 3 games.
- Tim Kennedy has three assists in his last three games. Kennedy ranks 1st among AHL rookies in scoring with 53 points (14 goals, 39 assists).
- Mark Mancari ranks 19th among AHL scoring leaders with 57 points (26 goals, 31 assists).
- Mathieu Darche ranks 3rd among AHL leaders in game-winning goals with 7.
- Jhonas Enroth ranks 5th among AHL goalies in saves with 1,920.
- Tim Kennedy ranks 1st among AHL rookies in scoring with 53 points (14 goals, 39 assists).
- Nathan Gerbe ranks 5th among AHL rookies in scoring with 46 points (24 goals, 22 assists).
- Nathan Gerbe ranks 2nd among AHL rookies in goal scoring with 24 goals.
- Tim Kennedy ranks 1st among AHL rookie assist leaders with 39 assists.
- Marc-Andre Gragnani ranks 5th among AHL defensemen in scoring with 41 points (6 goals, 35 assists).
- The Pirates rank 14th among all 29 AHL teams in attendance averaging 4,609 per game.
- After the Pirates 6-1 win on Saturday over Lowell, Pirates head coach Kevin Dineen is now just two wins away from breaking the team’s franchise record for number of overall career coaching victories. Currently, Barry Trotz, current head coach of the Nashville Predators holds the Pirates all-time record for number of overall career coaching wins with 189.
PIRATES PLAYER OF THE WEEK: #19 Nathan Gerbe
- Friday, March 20th - Pirates vs. Hartford 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, March 21st - Pirates vs. Hershey 7:00 p.m.
Pirates forward Nathan Gerbe
is the Pirates Player of the Week and the team’s nomination for the AHL Player of the Week. This is the fifth time this season that Gerbe has earned the honor. The Oxford, Michigan native, notched 4 points (2 goals, 2 assists) this week during the Pirates three games this week.
On Tuesday, Gerbe did not register a point in the Pirates 3-1 loss to Binghamton. On Saturday, Gerbe tallied one assist in the Pirates 4-3 loss in Providence at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center. To finish the weekend, Gerbe struck for two goals and an assist in the Pirates 6-1 win over the Lowell Devils at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee in Lewiston, Maine.
Gerbe currently ranks 5th among AHL rookies in scoring with 46 points (24 goals, 22 assists). He also ranks 2nd among AHL rookies in goal scoring with 24 goals.