- On Friday night, Pirates goalie Adam Dennis made 33 saves and won his third start in a Pirates uniform. Dennis remains undefeated on the season with a record of 3-0.
- Rookie defenseman Chris Butler scored his first AHL goal against Bridgeport on Friday in the Pirates 4-3 win.
- On Friday night, Tyler Bouck notched his second game-winning goal of the season in the Pirates 4-3 win against Bridgeport. To see the goal, click here
- Friday night against Bridgeport, marked the first time the Pirates failed to score first in a game this season.
- On Saturday, Nathan Gerbe scored two power play goals and leads the team in goals with 5. Gerbe also leads the team in power play goals (4).
- Rookie goalie Jonas Enroth earned his first victory on Saturday in the Pirates 5-4 win against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.
- The Pirates have the fewest penalty minutes among all Atlantic Division teams (119).
- The Pirates are 3-0-0-0 when leading after the second period.
- The Pirates are 4-0-0-0 when scoring three or more goals in a game.
- With wins over Bridgeport and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton this past weekend, the Pirates are 2-0 this season against the East Division.
- The Pirates are 3-0 on Saturday nights this season.
- Rookie Tim Kennedy recorded an assist on Friday and Saturday and has a point in every Pirates game this season (5). His current point-scoring streak is the longest by a Pirates player this season.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: NATHAN GERBE
Pirates center Nathan Gerbe
is the Pirates Player of the Week. This is the second time this season that Gerbe has earned the honor. The former Boston College standout notched three points (3 goals, 0 assists) this week during the Pirates two games against Bridgeport and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
On Friday, the Oxford, Michigan native recorded a power play goal in the Pirates 4-3 come from behind win over the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. On Saturday night, Gerbe turned in a two goal night with his team-leading 4th power play goal of the season and his first even strength goal. Gerbe ranks tied for 2nd among AHL rookie scoring leaders and second on the team in scoring with 7 points (5 goals, 2 assists).PIRATES' UPCOMING SCHEDULE
October 29 - Portland Pirates @ Hartford Wolf Pack 7:00 p.m.
October 31 - Portland Pirates @ Norfolk Admirals 7:15 p.m.
November 7 - Portland Pirates vs. Springfield Falcons 7:00 p.m.
November 8 - Portland Pirates vs. Philadelphia Phantoms 7:00 p.m.
November 14 - Portland Pirates vs. Albany River Rats 7:00 p.m.