Skip to main content
The Official Site of the Buffalo Sabres


by Derek Wangler / Buffalo Sabres


Cheektowaga’s Randy Szymkowiak opened up the scoring and finished it for the Warriors in their 3-2 double overtime Club Small School Championship win over Starpoint.

In the first period, Szymkowiak centered a pass from the left faceoff circle that bounced off a defender and into the Spartan net to put the Warriors up 1-0. Derek Bull would add to the Warrior lead in the second period grabbing a loose puck beside the net and putting through the 5-hole to make it 2-0 Cheektowaga.

The Spartans came out firing in the third period as Steven Pierre-Louis took a pass from behind the Warrior net and put it away top shelf to cut the deficit in half. Pierre-Louis added another goal just over eight minutes later to tie the game at two with just 4:15 remaining in the third.

After a scoreless first overtime, Cheektowaga’s Anthony Cybulski stole the puck away from a Starpoint defender and fed a wide open Szymkowiak in front of the net for the win.


Despite a third period surge from City Honors/Cardinal O’Hara (CHCOH), Jamestown wins the Club Mixed School Championship. Jamestown’s Bill Krywy scored two goals for the Raiders en route to the overtime win.

It was Krywy who scored the first goal for the Raiders taking a pass from behind the net and putting it past the CHCOH goalie. Jamestown would add another goal in the second period, sending them into the locker room with a 2-0 lead.

CHCOH came out in the third period firing as they scored two goals in the to tie the score at two with just under 14 minutes left in the game. The first goal came on the power play and the other came just 24 seconds later.

In overtime, Krywy fired a shot from just inside the blue line that slipped past the CHCOH goaltender ending their comeback hopes.


Despite only leading for 2:27 in the entire game, Canisius was able to beat St. Joe’s for the large school club hockey championship in overtime 3-2.

After a scoreless first period, St. Joe’s struck first in the second period. Thomas Adolf banged home a loose puck in front of the Canisius net to put the Marauders up 1-0. Canisius would strike back quickly though as Lucas Hurtt banked a shot from the corner off of the Marauders netminder to tie the score at one. Later in the second, Brendan Hurley broke the tie with a power play goal to put St. Joe’s back up by a goal.

In the third period with a two man advantage Joe Anain put home the equalizer with just 2:14 left on the clock. St. Joe’s was able to kill off the remaining minor though sending the game to overtime.

Just under two minutes into the overtime period it was Ethan Finn who drilled in a rebound to give Canisius the win.

View More