VP and Director of Hockey Nik Fattey today announced the HARBORCENTER 2014-2015 youth hockey tournament schedule that will include 20 new events for boys and girls, mite through midget, at the AAA and AA levels.
“Our tournaments will create a unique and differentiating experience for hockey families from Western New York and beyond,” Fattey said. “At the AAA level, we will host some of the best youth teams from around the country and provide a competitive level of hockey that places our events among the best tournaments currently available. For AA teams, we will similarly provide a special high-end opportunity. Our best-in-class facilities, geographic location, amenities and affiliation with the Buffalo Sabres are a major attraction for top teams, providing the region with tens of thousands of visitors each year.”
For the AAA boys' events, the Buffalo Junior Sabres will be the host team. In addition to many top local teams that are expected to join them, highly-ranked organizations outside the area have already expressed interest, including the Pittsburgh Penguins Elite, Syracuse Nationals, Compuware Ambassadors and London Junior Knights.
All participating teams will be guaranteed four games in Buffalo’s brand new, state-of-the-art hockey and entertainment complex. There will be no gate fees for spectators, and all games will be streamed online in high definition at HARBORCENTER.com.
Connected to First Niagara Center, the home of the Buffalo Sabres, HARBORCENTER is located on the waterfront in downtown Buffalo’s historic Canalside district. The facility’s two NHL-size rinks are uniquely located on the sixth floor. The feature rink will provide seating for 1,800 spectators. HARBORCENTER will have up to nine locker rooms available for tournament teams. In addition, the hockey complex includes IMPACT Sports Performance’s 4,600 square foot off-ice training facility, and a 40-seat theater for film study and additional classroom space.
“Our tournaments are a key component of HARBORCENTER’s programming,” said HARBORCENTER President John R. Koelmel. “In addition to watching all games under one roof, visitors will have the chance to enjoy our two-story (716) Food and Sport restaurant and, beginning in the spring of 2015, families will be able to stay at our full-service Marriott Hotel, creating a one-stop destination for a memorable hockey weekend. And the economic benefit for Canalside, the City of Buffalo and the WNY region will be significant as our 20 new events will bring new players and families to the area.”
The tournament schedule is as follows:AAA Boys
- U9 (2005): December 19 – December 21
- U10 (2004): January 23 – January 25
- U11 (2003): December 27 – December 29
- U12 (2002): December 5 – December 7
- U13 (2001): January 16 – January 18
- U14 (2000): February 13 – February 15
- U16 (1998): October 31 – November 2
- U18 (1996): October 31 – November 2
- U10 (2004): November 7 – November 9
- U12 (2002): December 12 – December 14
- U14 (2000): February 6 – February 8
- U7 (2007): December 19 – December 21
- U8 (2006): December 19 – December 21
- U12 (2002): January 30 – February 1
- U14 (2000): November 14 – November 16
- U16 (1998): November 28 – November 30
- U19 (1995): November 28 – November 30
- U12 (2002): February 20 – February 22
- U14 (2000): February 27 – March 1
- U16 (1998): November 21 – November 23
Interested teams can apply online for tournament entry at HARBORCENTER.com from now until May 1.