Follow along with Sabres game day updates and join in on the conversation via Twitter by using #SabresChat
| || |
SCHEDULE FOR TODAY
INFORMATION FOR FOR TONIGHT'S GAME
- 10:00 a.m.: Sabres meeting at First Niagara Center
- 5:00 p.m.: Labatt Blue Light Tailgate Tent Party opens.
- 5:00 a.m.: Arena doors open
- 7:00 p.m.: Game Time
- Tonight's Game Night program can be DOWNLOADED HERE.
- Tonight is the first and only meeting of the year between Buffalo & Minnesota. Last year, the Sabres and Wild played once in St. Paul with Buffalo coming out on top 3-2 in overtime.
- The Sabres will be wearing their blue jerseys for tonight's game.
- The Labatt Blue Light Tailgate Tent Party kicks off at 5:00 p.m. Tickets can be purchased by CLICKING HERE.
- Don't forget to purchase Foundation 50/50 tickets for tonight's game. Tickets can be purchased up to the fifteen minute mark of the second period.
MOE'S HOT PLAYERS
The Moe's Hot Players of the Night are: Thomas Vanek, Drew Stafford & Brad Boyes.
If any of the three (3) selected hot players (announced pre-game) score a goal during that night's game, fans can redeem their free GameNight program coupon(page 20) for 50% off their entree tomorrow, at all participating Moe's restaurants. If any of the three (3) selected hot players score a hat trick during that night's game, fans can also redeem their free GameNight program for a free burrito at all participating Moe's restaurants.
SUBWAY SCORE 3 OR MORE
If the Sabres score three (3) or more goals during tonight's game, fans can redeem their game ticket for a free 6" Subway sub with a purchase of 30oz. drink tomorrow only at participating Subway restaurants.
NEW ERA CAP TRICK
Each time a Sabres player scores a hat trick inside First Niagara Center, New Era will make a monetary donation to charity per cap thrown onto the ice. Any hats thrown onto the ice and not claimed will be donated as well.
NEW ERA SCORE MORE
For every goal scored by the Sabres at that night’s game, fans can save a dollar per goal on their purchase of any cap tomorrow at the New Era Buffalo Store when they show their ticket stub.
GAME NOTES FOR TODAY'S GAMEWILD vs. SABRES
- This is the only meeting between the Sabres and Wild this season.
- Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Minneosta, 3-2 (OT), in Minnesota on March 6, 2011.
- This is the 12th game all-time between Buffalo and Minnesota; Buffalo leads the series with a 6-5-0 record
- Buffalo is 1-4-0 at home against the Wild.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Buffalo enters the day tied for eighth place after beginning the day on Feb. 17 in 14th place in the Eastern Conference and 10 points out of eighth in the Eastern Conference. Since then, they’ve gone 12-2-4 (.778), trailing only Pittsburgh for the league's best record during that stretch.
- The Sabres have gotten a point in eight of their last nine games (6-1-2) and 16 of their last 18 (12-2-4).
- Buffalo is seeking their first home win against the Wild since the first time the teams met, a 3-1 win on Nov. 17, 2000. The Wild have also only won one home game in the series, a 3-2 win on Dec.13, 2003.
- Four Sabres have scored at least a point per game in their careers against Minnesota: Thomas Vanek (4+2 in 5 GP), Ville Leino (3+2 in 5 GP), Drew Stafford (2+1 in 3 GP) and Andrej Sekera (0+3 in 3 GP)
- Buffalo’s line of Tyler Ennis, Drew Stafford and Marcus Foligno has combined for 14 goals and 33 total points in the last seven games.
Buffalo is 29-3-2 when allowing two or fewer goals and 27-4-4 when scoring three or more…Ryan Miller
has five shutouts in his last 23 games; his total of six this season is a career best, after he registered five in each of the last three seasons… Thomas Vanek
(2002-2004) and Jordan Leopold
(1998-2002)spent their collegiate careers with the Minnesota Golden Gophers.LEADING THE WAY AGAINST MINNESOTABrad Boyes
(5+9 in 18 games)and Christian Ehrhoff
(1+13 in 30 games) lead the Sabres with 14 points against the Wild… Thomas Vanek
has five points (3+2) in his last three games against the Wild.MINNESOTA BORNJordan Leopold
was born in Golden Valley, MN and spent his collegiate career with the Minnesota Golden Gophers, winning the Hobey Baker Award and the NCAA Division I National Championship in 2002. Leopold is one of 46 Minnesota-born players to play in the NHL this season. Jamie Langenbrunner (1,098 GP), MIN C Matt Cullen (1,030 GP) and Jason Blake (864 GP) are the only active Minnesotans to have played more career games than Leopold (579).FOLIGNO-ENNIS-STAFFORD
LET'S PLAY TWO
- Drew Stafford has 12 points (4+8) in his last six games, topping his previous best of 11 points (9+2) in six games from Feb. 5 to Feb. 16, 2011.
- Tyler Ennis has 20 points (8+12) in his last 19 games. The Sabres are 13-1-5 when Ennis records a point this season and 40-9-9 when he tallies a point in his career.
- Marcus Foligno has nine points (5+4) and a plus-9 rating in seven games since his recall on March 9. Prior to this recall, Foligno had only played one NHL game.
Tonight’s game wraps up Buffalo’s 20th of a league-high 21 sets of back-to-back games this season after last night’s 4-1 win at NYR. The Sabres are 13-7-0 in the first game and 6-8-5 in the second. The Sabres’ points breakdown in back-to-back sets is as follows: four points (3), three points (2), two points (10), one point (3) and zero points (1).EVERYBODY’S CHIPPING IN
Buffalo has gotten goals from 29 different scorers this season, the most since 29 different players scored for the Sabres in 1992-93. Buffalo’s franchise record is 30, set in 1986-87 and matched in 1987-88 and 1991-92.ROOKIE MAGIC
The Sabres have had six different players score their first career goal this season: Corey Tropp
, TJ Brennan
, Zack Kassian, Brayden McNabb
, Marcus Foligno
and Travis Turnbull. The last time six different players scored their first goal for the Sabres was 1992-93: Richard Smehlik, Viktor Gordiouk, Yuri Khmylev, Scott Thomas, Doug MacDonald and Matthew Barnaby.FINISHING STRONG AFTER THE BREAK
Buffalo is 542-400-185 (.563) all-time in games after the All-Star break. This includes a record of 91-47-23 (.637) in those games since the lockout. The Sabres are 16-5-5 (.712) since the 2012 NHL All-Star Game. These totals do not include games after breaks for the Olympic Games.BATTLING BACK
The Sabres began the day on Feb. 17 in 14th place in the Eastern Conference and 10 points out of a playoff spot after a 7-2 loss at PHI the night before. Since then, the team has gone 12-2-4. Only one team in NHL history has overcome a 10 point deficit this late in the season, when the New York Islanders rallied from a 10-point hole on Feb. 18, 1994 to snag eighth place in the conference.MAN GAMES LOST
Entering tonight’s game, 22 different Sabres have missed at least one game with injury. Buffalo’s total of 302 man games lost is the highest total since the Sabres began tracking man games lost in the 1998-99 season (previous high: 269 in 2003-04). Buffalo has only had two players (Jason Pominville
and Jhonas Enroth
) dress for every game this season.Download your copy of the official game notes by clicking here.
Have an idea for a song that you want to hear at a Sabres game? Let us know what it is by sending us a tweet. Send us a message at @BuffaloSabres
with a hashtag of #SABRETUNES before 12:00 p.m. on a game day and we'll try to get it into the playlist for that night's game.