SCHEDULE FOR TODAY
INFORMATION FOR FOR TONIGHT'S GAME
- 10:00 a.m.: Sabres game-day skate
Open to the public & free of charge to attend
- 5:00 p.m.: Labatt Blue Light Tailgate Tent Party opens.
- 5:00 p.m.: Arena doors open
- 7:00 p.m.: Game Time
- Tonight's game night program can be DOWNLOADED HERE.
- Tonight is the first meeting of the year between the Sabres & Capitals.
- Washington won three out of the four games that the teams played last year.
- The Sabres will be wearing their blue jerseys for tonight's game.
- The Labatt Blue Light Tailgate Tent Party kicks off at 5:00 p.m. today. Tickets can be purchased by CLICKING HERE.
- Don't forget to purchase Alumni 50/50 tickets for tonight's game. Tickets can be purchased up to the fifteen minute mark of the second period.
MOE'S HOT PLAYERS
The Moe's Hot Players of the Night are Ville Leino, Drew Stafford and Andrej Sekera.
If any of the three (3) selected hot players (announced pre-game) score a goal during that night's game, fans can redeem their free GameNight program coupon(page 20) for 50% off their entree tomorrow, at all participating Moe's restaurants. If any of the three (3) selected hot players score a hat trick during that night's game, fans can also redeem their free GameNight program for a free burrito at all participating Moe's restaurants.
SUBWAY SCORE 3 OR MORE
If the Sabres score three (3) or more goals during tonight's game, fans can redeem their game ticket for a free 6" Subway sub with a purchase of 30oz. drink tomorrow only at participating Subway restaurants. If the Sabres score three or more goals this evening, the Subway promotion will be valid until Friday, November 25.
NEW ERA CAP TRICK
Each time a Sabres player scores a hat trick inside First Niagara Center, New Era will make a monetary donation to charity per cap thrown onto the ice. Any hats thrown onto the ice and not claimed will be donated as well.
NEW ERA SCORE MORE
For every goal scored by the Sabres at that night’s game, fans can save a dollar per goal on their purchase of any cap tomorrow at the New Era Buffalo Store when they show their ticket stub.
GAME NOTES FOR TODAY'S GAMECAPITALS vs. SABRES
- First of four meetings between the Sabres and Capitals this season.
- Last meeting: Washington defeated Buffalo, 5-4 (OT), in Washington on Apr. 2, 2011.
- The teams meet next on Monday, Dec. 26 in Buffalo.
- The Sabres are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Capitals; 6-4-0 at home.
- This is the 137th game all-time between Buffalo and Washington; Buffalo leads the series with an 80-40-16 record; 42-20-6 at home.
- The Sabres enter tonight’s game on a three-game winless streak (0-2-1), their longest winless streak since losing the three games preceding Terry Pegula’s Feb. 22 purchase of the team. They will look to avoid their first four-game winless streak since Oct. 26 –Nov. 5, 2010 (0-4-1).
- Buffalo has had a new player miss a game due to an injury in five of their last six games, including two on Nov. 23 vs. BOS.
- Due to a number of injuries, Buffalo has recalled three players (Corey Tropp, TJ Brennan and Zack Kassian) from Rochester,
- each of whom has made his NHL debut this season.
- Derek Roy leads all Sabres with 22 points (10+12) in 24 games against Washington, including points in each of his last five (1+5).
- Rookie goaltender Jhonas Enroth, filling in for the injured Ryan Miller, is 7-3-1 this season with a .922 save percentage and 2.40 goals against average.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
Last night, Brad Boyes
(lower body) missed a game due to injury for the first time in his career, snapping his streak of 513 consecutive games played… Robyn Regehr
left last night’s game with an upper body injury… Thomas Vanek
has scored the first goal of a game five times, tying Mike Richards for the league lead… Jason Pominville
has 34 points (12+22) in his last 31 regular season games, dating back to Mar. 25, 2011 vs. FLA… Pominville and Vanek have combined on a goal a league-leading 20 times.SABRES AMONG LEAGUE LEADERS (Sabres’ league rankings before 11/26 games)
Vanek: 6 PPG (T-1st), 3 GWG (T-3rd), 12 G (T-4th), 25 P (5th)
Pominville: 24 P (T-8th), 16 A (T-6th)
Adam: 8 A (T-3rd, rookies), 14 P (T-3rd, rookies), 6 G (T-4th, rookies)
Gragnani: 7 A (T-5th, rookies)
OFF TO A GOOD START
Zack Kassian recorded an assist in his NHL debut last night at CBJ. Kassian became the seventh current Buffalo skater to record a point in his first NHL game, joining TJ Brennan
(11/23/11), Tyler Ennis
(11/14/09), Ville Leino
(1/31/09), Patrick Kaleta
(2/22/07), Drew Stafford
(11/5/06) and Thomas Vanek
(10/5/05).LET’S PLAY TWO
Today’s game wraps up Buffalo’s fifth of a league-high 21 sets of back-to-back games this season after last night’s 5-1 loss at CBJ. The Sabres are 2-2-0 in the first game and 3-0-0 in the second. The Sabres have swept two sets and split two so far.MR. CONSISTENTThomas Vanek
has scored 46 points (21+25) in his last 39 regular season games, dating back to Mar. 5. During that stretch, Vanek has gone two games without recording a point only one time. Vanek’s 21 goals during that period trail only Corey Perry (28) and his 46 points trail leader Daniel Sedin (48) by two.SPECIAL FORCES
Buffalo’s penalty kill is ranked fifth in the league at 87.8% and their power play is ranked sixth at 19.8%. Vancouver is the only other team to rank in the top six in both.A BUSY NOVEMBER
The Sabres are 6-5-1 so far in November. The team will play 14 games this month -- tying December for second-most in a month this season –including nine home games (ties February for most in a month). However, Buffalo will not have any stretches of more than two games either at home or on the road for the entire month.LINDY’S LONGEVITY
Since Lindy Ruff was named Buffalo's head coach on July 21, 1997, there have been 164 coaching changes in the NHL. After Tony LaRussa announced his retirement on Oct. 31, Ruff became the second-longest tenured coach in the four major professional sports leagues. Only Gregg Popovich, who began coaching the San Antonio Spurs in 1996, has been head coach of his team longer.THE ARBOUR CLUB
Lindy Ruff has 538 wins as head coach of the Sabres, second-most by a head coach with a single franchise, trailing only Al Arbour (740). Ruff has more wins than any other coach with his first NHL team. Download your copy of the official game notes by clicking here.
Have an idea for a song that you want to hear at a Sabres game? Let us know what it is by sending us a tweet. Send us a message at @SabresDotCom
with a hashtag of #SABRETUNES before 12:00 p.m. on a game day and we'll try to get it into the playlist for that night's game.