Follow along with Sabres game day updates and join in on the conversation via Twitter by using #SabresChat
| || |
| ||1 ||2 ||3 ||T |
|CANADIENS || || || ||0 |
|Sabres || || || ||0 |
SCHEDULE FOR TODAY
INFORMATION FOR FOR TONIGHT'S GAME
- 10:00 a.m.: Sabres meeting at First Niagara Center
- 5:00 p.m.: Labatt Blue Light Tailgate Tent Party opens.
- 5:00 a.m.: Arena doors open
- 7:00 p.m.: Game Time
- Tonight's Game Night program can be DOWNLOADED HERE.
- Tonight is the sixth and final meeting between the Sabres & the Canadiens. Buffalo won the last match-up 3-2 at the First Niagara Center on March 12. The Sabres are currently winning the season series 4-0-1.
- The Sabres will be wearing their blue jerseys for tonight's game.
- The Labatt Blue Light Tailgate Tent Party kicks off at 5:00 p.m. Tickets can be purchased by CLICKING HERE.
- Don't forget to purchase Foundation 50/50 tickets for tonight's game. Tickets can be purchased up to the fifteen minute mark of the second period.
MOE'S HOT PLAYERS
The Moe's Hot Players of the Night are: Thomas Vanek, Alexander Sulzer & Corey Tropp.
If any of the three (3) selected hot players (announced pre-game) score a goal during that night's game, fans can redeem their free GameNight program coupon(page 20) for 50% off their entree tomorrow, at all participating Moe's restaurants. If any of the three (3) selected hot players score a hat trick during that night's game, fans can also redeem their free GameNight program for a free burrito at all participating Moe's restaurants.
SUBWAY SCORE 3 OR MORE
If the Sabres score three (3) or more goals during tonight's game, fans can redeem their game ticket for a free 6" Subway sub with a purchase of 30oz. drink tomorrow only at participating Subway restaurants.
NEW ERA CAP TRICK
Each time a Sabres player scores a hat trick inside First Niagara Center, New Era will make a monetary donation to charity per cap thrown onto the ice. Any hats thrown onto the ice and not claimed will be donated as well.
NEW ERA SCORE MORE
For every goal scored by the Sabres at that night’s game, fans can save a dollar per goal on their purchase of any cap tomorrow at the New Era Buffalo Store when they show their ticket stub.
GAME NOTES FOR TODAY'S GAMECANADIENS vs. SABRES
- Sixth and final meeting between the Sabres and Canadiens this season.
- Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Montreal, 3-2 (OT), in Buffalo on March 12.
- The Sabres are 7-2-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Canadiens; 6-2-2 at home.
- This is the 253rd game all-time between Buffalo and Montreal; the Sabres are 115-100-37 against the Canadiens (67-34-24 at home).
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOWTyler Myers
- Buffalo enters the day two points out of a playoff spot after beginning the day on Feb. 17 in 14th place in the Eastern Conference and 10 points out of eighth in the Eastern Conference.
- The Sabres have gotten a point in six of their last seven games (4-1-2) and 14 of their last 16 (10-2-4).
- Buffalo has points in their last seven home games (5-0-2). Their best stretch this year was 10 games, from Dec. 13 to Feb. 10 (6-0-4).
- The Sabres are 11-5-4 against the Northeast Division this season, including a 4-0-1 record against the Canadiens. Buffalo has gone 7-0-1 in their last seven against the Habs, dating back to Nov. 27, 2010.
- Derek Roy has six points (1+5) against the Canadiens this season and leads all Sabres with 36 points (12+24) in 46 career games against the Habs.
returns from a three-game suspension tonight… Buffalo is 27-3-2 when allowing two or fewer goals and 25-4-4 when scoring three or more… Jason Pominville
is ranked fourth in the league with 42 points (16+26) in 36 home games.
JUST HOW HE DREW IT UPDrew Stafford
has nine points (2+7) in his last four games and is one game away from tying the longest point streak of his career (4x,last: 10/13/09 vs. DET to 10/24/09 at TBL). The most prolific five-game stretch of Stafford’s career saw him notch 10 points (9+1) from Feb. 5 to Feb. 15, 2011. The only other time he had at least nine points in five games was from Jan. 18 to Jan. 29, 2008 (5+4).WORKING OVERTIME
The Sabres lead the league with 21 overtime games, including an NHL-high 14 at home. Entering tonight, Buffalo has seen four straight home games (3-0-1) go to extra time for the fourth time in franchise history (last: Jan. 27 to Feb. 25, 1998). The franchise record for most overtime home games in a season was set in 1990-91, when the Sabres went 2-2-12 in 16 games.
ENNIS IS ON FIRETyler Ennis
has points in each of his last five games (4+5), tying his career-best point streak (last: Feb. 4 to March 3, 2012). Ennis now has 17 points (7+10) in his last 17 games. The Sabres are 12-1-5 when Ennis records a point this season and 39-9-9 when he tallies a point in his career.MAKING THE JUMPMarcus Foligno
has seven points (5+2) and a plus-6 rating in five games since his recall on March 9. Prior to this recall, Foligno had only played one NHL game. According to Elias Sports Bureau, Phil Housley (9) and Ray Sheppard (7) are the only other Sabres in franchise history to have scored seven or more points in their first six career games. Among active NHL players, only two others (Evgeni Malkin and Teemu Selanne) had five or more goals in their first six games.FINISHING STRONG AFTER THE BREAK
Buffalo is 539-400-185 (.562) all-time in games after the All-Star break. This includes a record of 88-47-23 (.630) in those games since the lockout. The Sabres are 13-5-5 (.674) since the 2012 NHL All-Star Game. These totals do not include games after breaks for the Olympic Games.BATTLING BACK
The Sabres began the day on Feb. 17 in 14th place in the Eastern Conference and 10 points out of a playoff spot after a 7-2 loss at PHI the night before. Since then, the team has gone 10-2-4. Only one team in NHL history has overcome a 10 point deficit this late in the season, when the New York Islanders rallied from a 10-point hole on Feb. 18, 1994 to snag eighth place in the conference.MAN GAMES LOST
Entering tonight’s game, 22 different Sabres have missed at least one game with injury. Buffalo’s total of 294 man games lost is the highest total since the Sabres began tracking man games lost in the 1998-99 season (previous high: 269 in 2003-04). Buffalo has only had two players (Jason Pominville
and Jhonas Enroth
) dress for every game this season.Download your copy of the official game notes by clicking here.
Have an idea for a song that you want to hear at a Sabres game? Let us know what it is by sending us a tweet. Send us a message at @BuffaloSabres
with a hashtag of #SABRETUNES before 12:00 p.m. on a game day and we'll try to get it into the playlist for that night's game.