Tropp-Ellis-Kassian LINEUP NEWS
- Corey Tropp recalled from Rochester to replace the injured Brad Boyes
- Robyn Regehr
should be back in the lineup after leaving Tuesday’s game with an upper-body injury.
- Ryan Miller
is expected to get the start in goal tonightWHAT THEY WERE SAYING TODAYLindy Ruff (click to hear full audio)Is Brad Boyes going to be able to play tonight?
No, it doesn’t look like it. He skated before, he’s close. But he won’t be able to play.Is he possible for tomorrow?
He’s just day-to-day, so the obvious answer is possible.Corey Tropp was injured during his last recall; is his game all the way back now?
He’s come back, played really well. I guess he had a heck of a game (on Wednesday) down in Rochester. He gave us a lot of good hockey. I thought he was one bright spot when he came up with his energy. I thought he was on top of the puck, a tough guy to play against. Really liked the way he played, a real high compete level.Was the last win over Boston a combination of Buffalo playing well and they weren’t?
I think it was a little bit of both. We got a break early where Christian’s shot went off Campbell. And I think when you get up by a couple and a team starts chasing the game, you’ll get more chances. Not unlike the Pittsburgh game where we took advantage of some early opportunities and the team starts chasing the game. We’ve seen it too where we chase a game and it ends up being five or six against you.Jason Pominville (click to hear full audio)Is it safe to say that no game is bigger than the other now because each game is huge?
You're right. It's going to be that way for a little while, and it's been that way for a while as well. Every game is important, and getting even more important as we go on. We've played pretty good lately so we want to keep it rolling in that same direction.Are you expecting a better game from the Bruins tonight?
I think we played pretty well last time, but at the same time, they might not have had their best night. That's why the score ended up being what it was. Again, they're one of the best teams in the league. They're a proven team with good depth. They're a big team that can skate and defend well, and they've got some offense. They're a good overall team so we'll have to make sure we're on our game.TONIGHT’S GAME
BRUINS at SABRES
- Fourth of six meetings between the Sabres and Bruins this season.
- Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Boston, 6-0, in Buffalo on Feb. 8
- The teams meet next on Thursday, March 8 in Boston.
- The Sabres are 5-3-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Bruins; 6-1-3 at home.
- This is the 261st game all-time between Buffalo and Boston; Buffalo leads the series with a 113-108-39 record; Buffalo is 69-41-21 all-time against the Bruins at home.STORYLINES
- The Sabres have two players entering tonight’s game on a four-game point streak: Derek Roy
(2+5) and Tyler Myers
(2+2). A point by Myers tonight would tie his career-best streak of five games.
- Tonight’s game is the last of four home games in an eight-day span for Buffalo. The Sabres are 2-0-1 in the first three games. After tonight, the team will fly to New York to face the Rangers in the first of five straight road games, before heading West on Monday for matchups with Anaheim, San Jose, Vancouver and Winnipeg.
- Despite sitting out Buffalo’s 6-0 win against Boston earlier this month, Thomas Vanek
has scored in each of his last five games against the Bruins, totaling eight points (5+3) in those five games.
- Jason Pominville
enters the night tied with Claude Giroux for third in the NHL with 39 points (15+24) in home games. The pair trails only Steven Stamkos (44) and Evgeni Malkin (41) for the lead.THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
Buffalo has faced Boston more than any other team in franchise history, with 260 games played between the two clubs… Buffalo is 22-3-2 when allowing two or fewer goals and 20-4-3 when scoring three or more… The Sabres are 17-4-4 when Derek Roy
records a point… The Sabres are 14-8-4 with Tyler Ennis
in the lineup this season and 5-1-2 when he records a point (32-9-6 in his career)… Robyn Regehr
left Tuesday’s game with an upper body injury.BESTING THE BRUINSThomas Vanek
has scored a goal in each of his last five games against the Bruins, registering eight total points in those games (5+3). Vanek’s career numbers of 46 points (35+21) in 42 games against Boston represent his highest goal and point totals against any NHL team. According to Elias Sports Bureau, his 46 points against the Bruins ranks him fifth among all active skaters in the NHL.