Saturday, October 18: AMERKS 4 – TORONTO 1
Rochester used a three-goal second period and 24 saves from goaltender Nathan Lieuwen to cruise to a 4-1 win over the North Division rival Toronto Marlies on Saturday afternoon at Ricoh Colisem. The game was the first of 10 meetings between the two teams this season.
Rochester again put its offense on display as four different goal-scorers found the back of the net to bring the Amerks’ total to a league-high 14 goals through the first three games of the season. Dan Catenacci, Akim Aliu, Phil Varone and Mikhail Grigorenko all scored for the Amerks, while Lieuwen turned in yet another solid performance between the pipes, stopping 24 of 25 shots in his third straight start. Chad Ruhwedel and William Carrier also both picked up assists in the win to extend their respective point streaks to three games.WHO’S HOT
- Phil Varone (2+3) and Chad Ruhwedel (1+4) share the team lead with five points each.
- Ruhwedel’s five points lead all AHL defensemen, with six players tied for second with four.
- William Carrier is currently tied for second among all AHL rookies with four points (1+3) through his first three professional games.
- The Amerks have now scored at least four goals in each of their first three games of the season.
- Tim Schaller only has one goal in three games, but has recorded a team-high 11 shots.
- Wednesday, October 22: Rockford @ Rochester, 7:05 p.m. – BUY TICKETS
- Friday, October 24: Adirondack @ Rochester, 7:05 p.m. – BUY TICKETS
- Saturday, October 25: Rochester @ Adirondack, 7 p.m.
NEWS AND NOTES
This Friday marks the return of the “Sweets in the Suites Halloween Celebration” during Rochester’s home game vs. Adirondack. Gates open at 6 p.m., and kids can meet Princess Anna and Queen Elsa from “Frozen” before the game. All kids 12 and under in attendance can go trick-or-treating in the Suite Level during first intermission. During the second intermission, all kids in Halloween costumes are invited to participate in the on-ice Costume Parade. All adults can receive one free kids ticket (12 and under) with the purchase of each $20 Adult Ticket (for best available seating). Click here to purchase.
The Amerks have partnered with RochesterWorks! to host a Downtown Career Fair on Friday, Nov. 14 at The Blue Cross Arena from 1-4 p.m. The event will be followed by a 7:05 p.m. game between the Amerks and Toronto Marlies. Businesses can reserve their spot at the Downtown Career Fair for $300 ($150 for 501c-3 non-profit organizations) by visiting www.amerks.com/careerfair. The cost includes one table, one free parking spot for the day, 20 tickets to the Amerks game to follow, and access to a cocktail reception prior to the game. Job seeker registration for the event is free and includes one ticket to the Amerks game that night. Job seekers must register in advance to attend the free event by visiting www.amerks.com/jobseeker.