The guest who selects the puck signed by Yzerman in gold will win dinner with Holland and Yzerman in the Olympia Club prior to a regular-season game at Joe Louis Arena later this season. The winner will also receive two tickets to the game, a locker room tour and meet-and-greet with select Red Wings' players after the game.
This annual fundraiser to benefit the Detroit Red Wings Foundation offers guests the opportunity to join the Red Wings' team for an elegant evening of wine-tasting, fine liqueurs, a strolling buffet, great silent and live auctions and the chance to mingle with members of the current Red Wings' team, alumni and other celebrities in attendance.
Guests can also tour the locker room and have their photo taken with the Stanley Cup. The event takes place on the ice surface of Joe Louis Arena where fans can experience the players’ view of the arena while enjoying some spectacular food and wine. Items available in the silent auction include:
- Chris Chelios’ game-worn jersey from the 2009 Winter Classic outdoor game at Wrigley Field in Chicago.
- Autographed and game-used equipment from the 2008 Stanley Cup playoffs.
- Ticket packages to Red Wings and Tigers home games, including the Red Wings' first home game of the 2009 Stanley Cup layoffs, and Tigers Opening Day on Friday, April 10.
- Autographed memorabilia from teams throughout the NHL, NBA, MLB and NFL, including the Detroit Pistons, Detroit Tigers and Detroit Lions.
- Autographed items from entertainers, including the Jonas Brothers and Kid Rock.
- Great non-sports related items, including hotel packages from MotorCity Casino and Hotel, and gift certificates for spas, salons and fabulous Detroit-area restaurants.
The live auction will feature exclusive items, such as, a team set of game-used autographed sticks from the entire 2008-09 Red Wings' team; a 2008-09 team-signed jersey; and a set of autographed pucks from each captain in the National Hockey League. The premier item will be the highly sought-after chance for two to fly with the Red Wings to an away game on Red Bird II later this season.
Since its inception, the Toast of Hockeytown has raised more than $850,000. The Detroit Red Wings Foundation, an affiliate of Ilitch Charities, invests in the future of our community by providing funds and resources to worthy causes that contribute to the growth of the sport of hockey.
A limited number of tickets remain for the event, and can be ordered by calling 313-396-7524 or online at www.DetroitRedWings.com. Tickets are $200 each and guests must be 21 years of age to attend.