Highlighting the exciting list of giveaways are five AT&T Bobblehead Nights, featuring Justin Abdelkader (Nov. 24 vs. Ottawa), Jonathan Ericsson (Dec. 16 vs. Columbus), Gustav Nyquist (Jan. 20 vs. Minnesota) and Danny DeKeyser (March 9 vs. Edmonton). The final Bobblehead Night of the season will feature Red Wings legend Gordie Howe on his birthday (March 31 vs. Ottawa). The first 7,500 fans in attendance at Joe Louis Arena will receive a bobblehead.
The Red Wings will spread the holiday cheer to Hockeytown by distributing Holiday Ornaments to fans during four games in the month of December. Captain Henrik Zetterberg (Dec. 2 vs. Florida), alternate captains Pavel Datsyuk (Dec. 4 vs. Dallas) and Niklas Kronwall (Dec. 12 vs. Florida), along with head coach Mike Babcock (Dec. 23 vs. Buffalo), will be featured on the Holiday Ornaments. Also new this season, the Red Wings will issue themed T-shirts to all fans in attendance for the following games: Oct. 31 vs. Los Angeles (Halloween), Nov. 26 vs. Philadelphia (Thanksgiving), Dec. 19 vs. N.Y. Islanders (Holiday), Feb. 14 vs. Winnipeg (Valentine’s Day) and March 24 vs. Arizona (Spring).
Kids Days return to Joe Louis Arena with an exciting slate of giveaways for the first 2,500 fans ages 12 and under, including Soft-Sided Lunchboxes on Nov. 30 (courtesy of DMC), Zamboni Piggy Banks on Dec. 21 (courtesy of MESP), Draw-String Bags on Jan. 31 (courtesy of DMC), Mini Sticks on March 22 (courtesy of DMC) and Plush Octopi on March 28.
All fans in attendance for the Home Opener on Thursday, Oct. 9 against Boston will receive a Red Wings Magnet Schedule, courtesy of Belle Tire, while all fans at the team’s second home game of the season on Saturday, Oct. 11 against Anaheim will receive an “It’s More Than Hockey” Wall Calendar, courtesy of FOX Sports Detroit. The Red Wings will salute the fans of Hockeytown during every home contest in April with Fan Appreciation Games set to feature various giveaways and prizes (April 2 vs. Boston, April 5 vs. Washington, April 7 vs. Carolina), including “April in the D” Night on April 2, presented by FOX Sports Detroit, with mini-bobbleheads issued to the first 10,000 fans in attendance.
Additional giveaways throughout the season include Red Wings Reusable Totes, presented by Allstate Insurance (Oct. 18 vs. Toronto), Military Appreciation Dog Tags (Nov. 7 vs. New Jersey), Travel Mugs (Jan. 18 vs. Buffalo), Bottle Opener Baseball Caps (March 6 vs. Calgary) and Flip Flops (April 5 vs. Washington).
In addition to giveaways, the Red Wings have also announced several of the team’s theme nights for the upcoming campaign: Breast Cancer Awareness Night (Oct. 11), Hockey Fights Cancer Night (Oct. 23), Military Appreciation Night (Nov. 7), Hall of Fame Night (Nov. 14), Motor City Mitten Madness (Nov. 26), Toys for Tots Nights (Dec. 2 & 4), Salvation Army Red Kettle Nights (Dec. 10, 12, 16 & 19), Canned Food Drive (Jan. 17), Wings for Wishes Night (March 26) and “April in the D” Night (April 2).
Click here to view a full list of giveaways and theme nights or see below. All promotions, giveaway items, quantities, dates and times are subject to change.
Single game tickets for the 2014-15 regular season go on sale Friday, Aug. 22 at 10 a.m. and can be purchased at the Joe Louis Arena Box Office (313-471-7575), all Ticketmaster outlets (800-745-3000) or online at DetroitRedWings.com.
Fans can still lock in great low prices for the 2014-15 season by becoming a Red Wings season-ticket holder. Fans who purchase 2014-15 season tickets receive great benefits such as convenient payment plans, savings off box office prices, priority to purchase 2015 playoffs tickets, access to ticket presales, invitations to exclusive season-ticket holder events and much more. Information on Red Wings Ticket Plans can be obtained by calling the Ticket Sales & Service Office at 313-471-7575.
Oct. 9 vs. Boston
RED WINGS FULL PROMOTIONAL AND GIVEAWAY CALENDAR
– Opening Night & 2014-15 Magnet Schedule Giveaway (presented by Belle Tire)Oct. 11 vs. Anaheim
– Breast Cancer Awareness Night & “It’s More Than Hockey” Wall Calendar Giveaway (presented by FOX Sports Detroit)Oct. 18 vs. Toronto
– Red Wings Reusable Tote Giveaway (presented by Allstate Insurance)Oct. 23 vs. Pittsburgh
– Hockey Fights Cancer Night & Van Andel Institute GiveawayOct. 31 vs. Los Angeles
– Halloween T-Shirt GiveawayNov. 7 vs. New Jersey
– Military Appreciation Night & Dog Tags GiveawayNov. 14 vs. Chicago
– Hall of Fame NightNov. 24 vs. Ottawa
– Justin Abdelkader
Bobblehead Giveaway (presented by AT&T)Nov. 26 vs. Philadelphia
– Motor City Mitten Madness & Thanksgiving T-Shirt GiveawayNov. 30 vs. Vancouver
– Kids Day & Red Wings Soft-Sided Lunchbox Giveaway for kids 12 and under (presented by DMC)Dec. 2 vs. Florida
– Toys for Tots & Henrik Zetterberg
Ornament GiveawayDec. 4 vs. Dallas
– Toys for Tots & Pavel Datsyuk
Ornament GiveawayDec. 10 vs. Toronto
– Salvation Army Red Kettle NightDec. 12 vs. Florida
– Salvation Army Red Kettle Night & Niklas Kronwall
Ornament GiveawayDec. 16 vs. Columbus
– Salvation Army Red Kettle Night & Jonathan Ericsson
Bobblehead Giveaway (presented by AT&T)Dec. 19 vs. NY Islanders
– Red Kettle Night & Holiday T-Shirt GiveawayDec. 21 vs. Colorado
– Kids Day & Zamboni Piggy Bank Giveaway for kids 12 and under (presented by MESP)Dec. 23 vs. Buffalo
– Mike Babcock Holiday Ornament GiveawayDec. 31 vs. New Jersey
– New Year’s Eve PartyJan. 17 vs. Nashville
– Canned Food DriveJan. 18 vs. Buffalo
– Travel Mug GiveawayJan. 20 vs. Minnesota
– Gustav Nyquist
Bobblehead Giveaway (presented by AT&T)Jan. 31 vs. NY Islanders
– Kids Day & Draw-String Bag Giveaway for kids 12 and under (presented by DMC)Feb. 14 vs. Winnipeg
– Valentine’s Day T-Shirt GiveawayMarch 6 vs. Calgary
– Bottle Opener Baseball Cap GiveawayMarch 9 vs. Edmonton
– Danny DeKeyser
Bobblehead Giveaway (presented by AT&T)March 22 vs. St. Louis
– Kids Day & Mini Stick Giveaway for kids 12 and under (presented by DMC)March 24 vs. Arizona
– Spring T-Shirt GiveawayMarch 26 vs. San Jose
– Wings for Wishes NightMarch 28 vs. Tampa Bay
– Kids Day & Plush Octopus Giveaway for kids 12 and underMarch 31 vs. Ottawa
– Gordie Howe
’s Birthday Bobblehead Giveaway (presented by AT&T)April 2 vs. Boston
– Fan Appreciation Night & “April in the D Night” with Mini-Bobblehead Giveaway (presented by FOX Sports Detroit)April 5 vs. Washington
– Fan Appreciation Night & Flip Flops GiveawayApril 7 vs. Carolina
– Fan Appreciation Night