• Tuesday, January 22, at 7:30 p.m. vs. Dallas Stars
Only single seats and standing room tickets remain available for Tuesday.
• Doors open at 6 p.m. – Fans are advised to arrive early
• Special promotion: The Red Wings and WRIF have partnered to “Unlock the Joe” – 30 station listeners were given keys and beginning at 5:45 p.m. they will each attempt to unlock the doors to the arena, kick starting the home opener. The person with the winning key will receive a six-game ticket package for any six regular-season games this season, courtesy of Miller Lite.
• Teams take the ice for warm-ups at 7 p.m.
• Tickets for all Red Wings games are still available at the Joe Louis Arena box office or visit DetroitRedWings.com. Only single seats and standing room tickets remain available for Tuesday.
• Next home game is Friday, Jan. 25 vs. Minnesota. Less than 1,000 tickets remain for Friday, which is a “Fathead Friday” as all fans in attendance to see the Wings battle the Wild will receive a free Henrik Zetterberg Mini Fathead, courtesty of Fathead and Quicken Loans.
DETROIT – The Red Wings are back! And as a way to say ‘Thanks for Sticking with Us’ the Original Six franchise plans to celebrate the extraordinary passion and support of their loyal fans.
At the opener on Tuesday, January 22, fans at The Joe, along with fans that follow the club via traditional and online media, will have a chance to win prizes including a trip to a Red Wings’ road game, autographed Wings merchandise, televisions courtesy of Fox Sports Detroit, tablets courtesy of AT&T, gift cards from Kroger and Tim Hortons, glow wands for all guests and VIP gift packs from Motor City Casino Hotel and much more.
On opening night, fans will be treated with 50 percent discounts on sodas and draft beers. Thirty percent off Red Wings merchandise is available for all three January games.
Other ‘thank you’ initiatives planned include the free kids prize wheel, featuring a variety of Red Wings items for children and a wide-range of media and partner ticket promotions, including ‘Unlock The Joe’ where two lucky fans will have the opportunity to open The Joe for the start of the regular-season.
All 24 home games will be either promotional or giveaway nights for fans, and special ticket offers to students and families will be available again this season. Local students can receive discounts through “Student Rush”, the last-minute ticket offers for students, who can text “rush” to 21732. Families will also like the Meijer Coke Zero Family Packs, where, for $54, fans can get two tickets, two hot dogs and two sodas to select home games. And for those Internet and social media savvy fans, the Wings and Ticketmaster will offer free ticket forwarding and print-at-home, and the Wings’ ‘Social Saturday’ specials will be available all season long.
This past week, the Wings offered “Fee Free” ticket purchasing for a two day period for all tickets purchased through DetroitRedWings.com, Ticketmaster.com, the JLA box office or by calling 313-396-7575. Fans also purchased the wildly-popular $9 seats last Saturday as the inventory for all 24 home games quickly sold out to an extended line at the JLA Box Office.
The Wings’ players and coaches, who have been busy preparing for the start of the season, welcomed fans to free open practices at Plymouth’s Compuware Arena and JLA this week. More than 4,000 exuberant fans jammed the 3,505-seat Compuware Arena to cheer on the Red Wings at their Red vs. White Game last Tuesday.
Even while Red Wings’ hockey was silenced, the organization remained quite active in the community. Since September, JLA has hosted a dozen open-skating parties and the team’s marketing department has conducted more than 100 free school assembly visits to local grade schools, where they’ve helped educators and parents reinforce the importance of healthy lifestyles.