|The Rangers broadcast team of (clockwise from top left) John Giannone, Dave Maloney, Sam Rosen and Joe Micheletti will all be part of Thursday night's show. |
MSG, which will broadcast 74 of this season's 82 Rangers regular-season games, will kick off its coverage with an hour-long "Rangers Preview 2009-10" show on Thursday at 6 p.m.
The program, which leads into the Blueshirts' preseason game vs. Washington at Madison Square Garden, will be hosted by MSG's John Giannone along with studio analyst and former Blueshirts captain Dave Maloney. The entire Rangers broadcast team, including play-by-play announcer Sam Rosen and analyst Joe Micheletti, will also appear in the show.
"Rangers Preview 2009-10" delves into the Rangers' outlook for the coming season, which opens on Oct. 2 at Pittsburgh. The show will feature the latest news from training camp, key storylines to look for in the months to come, and unprecedented access to the players and coaches on and off the ice.
Highlights of Thursday night's show will include:
• A position-by-position breakdown of the entire 2009-10 Rangers roster.
• Interviews and profiles of newcomers Chris Higgins and Marian Gaborik
as well as veteran goaltender Henrik Lundqvist
• A feature on the future Rangers who who competed in the Traverse City Prospects Tournament earlier this month in Michigan.
• A profile of head coach John Tortorella and what to expect in his first full season behind the Blueshirts' bench.
• A Rangers roundtable segment iin which Giannone, Rosen, Micheletti and Maloney look ahead to the new season and give their expert predictions.